Bikers Terrorize Quiet Streets Of Lakewood And Westside

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Bikers Terrorize Quiet Streets Of Lakewood And Westside

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:09 pm

In a scene out of "The Wild One" over 100 bikers, quad riders, dirt bikers, and some in pick ups and cars raced through the westside.

I started to get calls from friends in Rocky River saying, "they're coming our way!" Seconds later calls started coming in from around Lakewood. Hundreds of bikers were flying through Lakewood at high rates of speed causing havoc. Riding down the wrong side of Clifton on sidewalks, tree lawns, weaving in and out of traffic.

"I went out into the street to tell them to slow down, and one came after me, right up on the tree lawn then down the sidewalk," said a Lakewood resident, as he watched Lakewood Police talk to the man, then arrest one of the bikers.

One of the quads that had taken to the sidewalks.

Photo sent in.

Lakewood Police were quick to react, blocking off sections of Clifton. Their quick actions saw a long line of police lights going down Clifton in both directions where they had pulled over some of the participants of the mayhem.

As darkness settled in Clifton Blvd. settled down. All that was left was to gather up the participants, take them to jail and charge them.

While most of the crazy riding was with dirt bikes and quads, none of which had license plates, some like this guy were on more conventional street bikes.

Handcuffs being put on, and then taken to the police station.

This has become a growing problem in Cleveland, dirt bikes and quads racing through the streets. Cleveland Police have been given a "do not chase" order by the Mayor. Some of bikers video-tape their exploits showing them playing tag with police cars they are passing at high speeds on the freeways around town.

This is the first time to my knowledge it has spread this far west. Some of the calls I received were from Bay and Rocky River. My friend in River said there were 117 of them, though he admitted he only started counting after the first handful flew by at high speeds while he was cutting the grass.

It would seem that Lakewood Police arrested at least four of them. Another was involved in an accident at W25th and taken to Metro.

Good work Lakewood Police, and the residents who helped to slow them down and call the police!

For those unfamiliar or too young to remember "The Wild One."

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Re: Bikers Terrorize Quiet Streets Of Lakewood And Westside

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:18 pm

From Lakewood Police

On Sunday August 12, 2018 at 8:10pm a group of approximately 100 motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles entered the City on Clifton Blvd. westbound. The vehicles were operating in a reckless manner, weaving in and out of traffic, going left of center, through red lights, onto sidewalks and front lawns. The operators of these vehicles failed to stop for officers as they tried to stop them with lights and sirens activated. Officers also blocked intersections in the path of the vehicles in order to avoid collisions with motorists legally traveling on the street.

Officers were able to stop and arrest some of the persons involved in this incident. The person listed below were charge as indicated:

Brendan M. Noble, 24 yrs old, of Ashtabula was charged with a felony count of Failure to Comply with Order or Signal of a Policer Officer. He posted bond and was released from Lakewood City Jail.

Reuben Lee, 34 yrs old, of Cleveland was charged with a felony count of Failure to Comply with Order or Signal of a Policer Officer. He posted bond and was released from Lakewood City Jail.

Jevon B. Johnson Jr. 27 yrs old, of Cleveland was charged with a misdemeanor count of Riot. He was cited and released on the scene.

Paul D. Cleveland, 28 yrs old, of Cleveland was charged with a misdemeanor count of Riot. He was cited and released on the scene.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Dan Alaimo

Re: Bikers Terrorize Quiet Streets Of Lakewood And Westside

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:53 pm

Then there's this:

Note the watermark and the comparatively good quality of this production. I wonder if they have a P.R. agency that can respond to questions, like "are you Black?"
And props to the guy doing that long wheelie, and also to those who used the west Clifton/Lake bike lanes. :P

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”