Sometimes You Just Have To Say IT Could Have Been Worse...

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Sometimes You Just Have To Say IT Could Have Been Worse...

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:54 am

Sometimes, you just have to look at where you are and think of what could have been. And sometimes you think, damn it could have been worse. The Lakewood Hospital Debacle situation came into focus this weekend while out traveling. While City Hall liquidated over $178 million dollars in publicly owned assets into two small pools of money controlled for the most part by the Mayor friends. People that all along the way assured us "Lakewood was doing the right thing, while never mentioning their actual part or pay-off in the scheme.

At no point in the debacle did the founders of the Active Living Task Force, Lakewood Hospital Foundation or others admit, their active participation in the massive loss to the City of Lakewood or that the plan was to help a failed ex-Mayor in his support of lobbyist in a construction company get a lack luster building, that would house the co-conspirators and schemers in yet another underwhelming mixed use strip mall. This one calle strangely enough a name the failed ex-Mayor had trademarked nearly a decade earlier.

And that instead of a full service hospital, we would get a state of the art, very large Urgent Care Center, albeit run by one of the largest hospital chains in the world. No, through all that we were lied to, mislead, feed false information, berated, even stalk and intimidated by city officials, members of support groups all formed to hammer this night mare home.

Our largest employer, sent packing. Our largest draw to DowntowN Lakewood sent packing. The entire focal point that the schemers had worked so hard to get us to fund, liquidated into their hands, while we lost a full service hospital. It truly seems like a nightmare or DEBACLE as even some of the very participants now call it.

BUT it might have been worse.

The recently downsized Cleveland Clinic Sports and Fitness err urgi-care center in Madison.

They had removed sports medicine from the sign, but not the building.

Tiki patio.

Cozy front end.

Complete with rural bait on the mailbox.

So, let me assure you, and I was not inside.

It could have been worse.

So next time you are out having a drink, lift one to the worse Mayor and administration in Lakewood history, and the handful of sycophants that enabled them to fail the community in every possible way, except helping themselves, and remember Madison CCF offices.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Re: Sometimes You Just Have To Say IT Could Have Been Worse...

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:48 am

Mark Crnolatas wrote:BR-549

For those not familiar with Mark's reference.

and their classic...

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”