LO_14_14, Online And On The Streets!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

LO_14_14, Online And On The Streets!

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:26 pm

“My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth.”
Abraham Lincoln

Download it here: http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/issue_pdfs/Observer_Vol_14_Issue_14.pdf

With this edition and starting our 14th year we get a sneak peek at two great items in Lakewood, first look in the "Dinerbar on Clifton" a legendary landmark and restaurant comes back to life, better than ever. Perry gives us a brief overview of what it will be like and when it opens.

We also get a peek inside a historic double that has gone through an amazing transformation into a massive single, built with love and hard work from friends and a Lakewood family that is glad they are here, and look forward to many more years here. This home will be on the market soon, but they have bought around the corner and will be taken part in Lakewood for decades to come!

Just inside the front door, many photos of the entire amazing make over which was carried out by one of Lakewood's finest interior designers for his family, with much love. "Love for Sale"

Once again thank you to my crew, especially Betsy, Deb and Margaret, advertisers and everyone, and thank you to the new group of regulars that have brought their award winning words, images and stories to the number one place Lakewoodites go to share, talk, meet, and help build a living record Lakewood's amazing history.

Peace/Love

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Matthew Lee

Re: LO_14_14, Online And On The Streets!

Postby Matthew Lee » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Thanks, Jim. Great issue. I see the mention of Jammy Buggar's being purchased but didn't find anything at lakewoodobserver.com. Do you have any more info on the new place moving in there? Thanks!

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Matthew Lee wrote:Thanks, Jim. Great issue. I see the mention of Jammy Buggar's being purchased but didn't find anything at lakewoodobserver.com. Do you have any more info on the new place moving in there? Thanks!

Matt

The owners called and asked me to hold back.

I am sure it will be out soon.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:06 am

I got a big laugh out of Rob Masek's cartoon. I usually do, but this one was funnier to me.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”