Jay Carson Campaign?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Michael Deneen

Jay Carson Campaign?

Postby Michael Deneen » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 pm

As some of you may recall, Summers acolyte Jay Carson ran unopposed for the GOP nomination in the 13th Ohio House District.
He is on the ballot this fall against Mike Skindell, who defeated racist Tom Bullock in a very heated primary.

Has anyone seen any evidence of Jay Carson's campaign?
I haven't found any of his campaign information online...but it's not as if he isn't politically active.
He recently appeared at a City Hall meeting to endorse the Little League Beer Garden on Edwards.

I know Carson is an avid Deck reader (Hello Jay!), so perhaps he or one of his minions could shed some light on the subject.
I'm especially curious to see if Carson's "Build Lakewood" cronies take an active role in his campaign.

Bridget Conant

Re: Jay Carson Campaign?

Postby Bridget Conant » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 pm

Jay Carson, who proudly proclaims he likes to “find new and exciting ways to Destroy the Little Guy on Behalf of the Man!” can’t hold a candle to Mike Skindell.

But since he threw his hat into the ring, I hope the Republicans make him campaign and spend some of their money. :lol:

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Bridget Conant wrote:But since he threw his hat into the ring, I hope the Republicans make him campaign and spend some of their money.

Democratic nominee Nickie Antonio is unopposed in her race for the Ohio 23rd Senate District.
Carson is carrying the banner for local Republicans....he has little competition for fundraising.
Not long ago President Trump predicted a "big red wave" in November's election....let's see if local GOP donors share his enthusiasm.

mjkuhns

Postby mjkuhns » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Just for the record…

No candidate filed for Senate District 23 by the filing deadline, except the two Democrats. At that point, it was literally true that the primary was the election, as various people commented.

But a Republican candidate did subsequently file in time for the primary's write-in deadline, and is now on the Board of Elections' general election candidates list.

:: matt kuhns ::
Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:24 pm

mjkuhns wrote:Just for the record…No candidate filed for Senate District 23 by the filing deadline, except the two Democrats. At that point, it was literally true that the primary was the election, as various people commented.But a Republican candidate did subsequently file in time for the primary's write-in deadline, and is now on the Board of Elections' general election candidates list.

Thanks for the correction....I wasn't aware of the late addition.
Apparently the "big red wave" is already building.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:38 am

Will anyone be interested in this fundraiser for Jay Carson’s campaign? How many Dems will we see there? Now THAT will be intersting!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.com/ohio/lakewood-oh/amp/cal/20180628/368542/carson-for-ohio-fundraiser-at-deagans-in-lakewood

5B005AD1-A037-49AC-B083-6CE9929FEBFE.jpeg
5B005AD1-A037-49AC-B083-6CE9929FEBFE.jpeg (240.2 KiB) Viewed 6345 times

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:10 pm

Bridget Conant wrote:How many Dems will we see there? Now THAT will be intersting!

It looks like "The Usual Suspects" from Build Lakewood intend to mount a campaign.
That's good for democracy...I hope they write some checks for Jay.
Every dollar donated to Carson is one less dollar going to viable Republicans like Renacci and DeWine.

Although Summers is undoubtedly rooting for Carson, I highly doubt that he will blow his "Fake Dem" persona by publicly supporting his GOP pal.
Summers realizes that Carson has no chance of winning, so he doesn't want to be perceived as backing YET ANOTHER loser. (Bullock and Marx have already embarrassed him twice in the past 8 months).

Summers bootlickers like O'Leary, Anderson, and Litten will also hold their fire because they know Carson is toast.
They are far more concerned about their own chances in 2019.....if I were them, I'd be very scared.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:28 pm

I think Deagans should have a special banner made for the event that perfectly describes candidate Carson:

“He likes to find new and exciting ways to Destroy the Little Guy on Behalf of the Man!”

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Remember, those are HIS words describing himself on his podcast page, The Politics Guys.

He deleted it, but we all know nothing disappears on the internet.

Why would anyone be proud to describe themselves that way?

8D969D1C-9C1C-4DD2-A4BE-8C8730BD1BEA.jpeg
8D969D1C-9C1C-4DD2-A4BE-8C8730BD1BEA.jpeg (333.64 KiB) Viewed 6239 times

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:18 am

Bridget Conant wrote:Remember, those are HIS words describing himself on his podcast page, The Politics Guys.

He deleted it, but we all know nothing disappears on the internet.

Why would anyone be proud to describe themselves that way?

8D969D1C-9C1C-4DD2-A4BE-8C8730BD1BEA.jpeg

He also tries to finds new ways to use extremely small people to try to destroy honest businesses. :roll: :roll:

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:39 am

Ah, the irony.
This event is billed as a chance to "learn about his plans to make Lakewood and the near westside's voice heard in Columbus".
However, this is the man who has schemed to put the Observer -- the actual voice of Lakewood -- out of business.
As a side note, how exactly would a Republican be able to serve as "voice" of the overwhelmingly liberal district?
The Ohio Statehouse is already full of Republicans, what good is it to send them yet another?

Bridget Conant wrote:I think Deagans should have a special banner made for the event that perfectly describes candidate Carson:

Isn't Deagans involved in the "Little League Beer Garden", which Carson recently lobbied for at City Hall?

Jim O'Bryan wrote:He also tries to finds new ways to use extremely small people to try to destroy honest businesses.

Jay Carson has quite a track record.
First, he helped to destroy the city's hospital.
Then, for good measure, he tried to shut down the city's newspaper.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:45 am

Michael Deneen wrote:Ah, the irony.
This event is billed as a chance to "learn about his plans to make Lakewood and the near westside's voice heard in Columbus".
However, this is the man who has schemed to put the Observer -- the actual voice of Lakewood -- out of business.
As a side note, how exactly would a Republican be able to serve as "voice" of the overwhelmingly liberal district?
The Ohio Statehouse is already full of Republicans, what good is it to send them yet another?

Bridget Conant wrote:I think Deagans should have a special banner made for the event that perfectly describes candidate Carson:

Isn't Deagans involved in the "Little League Beer Garden", which Carson recently lobbied for at City Hall?

Jim O'Bryan wrote:He also tries to finds new ways to use extremely small people to try to destroy honest businesses.

Jay Carson has quite a track record.
First, he helped to destroy the city's hospital.
Then, for good measure, he tried to shut down the city's newspaper.

Oh yeah, he’s got lots of “accomplishments” to run on. Think he’ll use them in his campaign literature? He should be proud of himself, no? He’s definitely got the DESTROY THE LITTLE GUY thing down pat.

Kate McCarthy

Postby Kate McCarthy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:27 am

Michael Deneen wrote:
Although Summers is undoubtedly rooting for Carson, I highly doubt that he will blow his "Fake Dem" persona by publicly supporting his GOP pal.
Summers realizes that Carson has no chance of winning, so he doesn't want to be perceived as backing YET ANOTHER loser. (Bullock and Marx have already embarrassed him twice in the past 8 months).

Let's not forget Summers' support of another loser ... Martin Sweeney.

It will be interesting to see who donates to this campaign.

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Kate McCarthy wrote:Let's not forget Summers' support of another loser ... Martin Sweeney.

Thanks for the reminder!
Attachments
sweeneyandsummers .jpg
sweeneyandsummers .jpg (95.25 KiB) Viewed 5999 times

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:57 pm

So many caption possibilities ---- but alas (how's that for a cool word) I'll be civil

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”