Tattoo at last?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Paul Schrimpf

Tattoo at last?

Postby Paul Schrimpf » Wed May 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Did I see an actual tattoo parlor going in on Madison? It flashed as I went by, but I think it said "Cleveland Tattoo." which is a bit weird ... Lakewood Tattoo would be a better name for Lakewood's first, right? Oh well, if so, welcome to the neighborhood, and it's about time...

Meg Ostrowski

Re: Tattoo at last?

Postby Meg Ostrowski » Wed May 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Paul Schrimpf wrote:Did I see an actual tattoo parlor going in on Madison? It flashed as I went by, but I think it said "Cleveland Tattoo." which is a bit weird ... Lakewood Tattoo would be a better name for Lakewood's first, right? Oh well, if so, welcome to the neighborhood, and it's about time...

http://lakewood-electric-tattoo.business.site

“There could be anywhere from 1 to over 50,000 Lakewoods at any time. I’m good with any of those numbers, as long as it’s just not 2 Lakewoods.” -Stephen Davis
Paul Schrimpf

Postby Paul Schrimpf » Wed May 16, 2018 1:27 pm

I stand corrected ... thanks Meg. I think there's another one going in further East then...

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed May 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Funny thing, though, the term sheet thecity signed with Carnegie lists the type of businesses NOT allowed in the development and tattoo parlors are specifically not allowed.

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Wed May 16, 2018 8:11 pm

Council member O'Malley told me he was inspired by a post he saw a few year ago here on the Deck.
http://www.lakewoodobserver.com/forum/v ... too#p89687

You're welcome, Lakewood.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed May 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Fact if the matter is that while the current administration THINKS they are “cool,” they really are not. They’ve opposed tattoo parlors because they consider them seamy and low class. Obviously, they do not recognize that the millenials they claim they want to attract to Lakewood are into tattoos - virtually everyone under 35 has a tat nowadays.

But with the new “upscale” development at the hospital site, their old prejudices rear their ugly heads and they specifically banned tatto parlors. Again, because the old dudes running this city still have prejudices against tattoos and the people that have them. They can’t deny it now that they’ve put it in writing!

It’s a class prejudice thing same as the pit bull thing. They wrongly associate who gets a tattoo.

These are the people we have in charge of our “diverse” city. Old white men.

Meg Ostrowski

Postby Meg Ostrowski » Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 pm

Paul Schrimpf wrote:I stand corrected ... thanks Meg. I think there's another one going in further East then...

Yes, looks like there's another one scheduled to open soon at 13427 Madison.

https://www.facebook.com/ClevelandTattooCo/

Here's an old article for review.

https://www.cleveland.com/lakewood/inde ... ey_ho.html

“There could be anywhere from 1 to over 50,000 Lakewoods at any time. I’m good with any of those numbers, as long as it’s just not 2 Lakewoods.” -Stephen Davis
Paul Schrimpf

Postby Paul Schrimpf » Thu May 17, 2018 7:32 am

This had taken me a bit by surprise, because I had commented a couple years ago about the lack of tattoo operations in Lakewood and was told it was related to limitations with the city's health department. In any event, it's good that we're now open for business on this front.

cmager

Postby cmager » Thu May 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Bridget Conant wrote:It’s a class prejudice thing same as the pit bull thing. They wrongly associate who gets a tattoo. These are the people we have in charge of our “diverse” city. Old white men.

Or the basketball thing. Or the customers of Metro thing. Or the...

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri May 18, 2018 5:47 am

cmager wrote:
Bridget Conant wrote:It’s a class prejudice thing same as the pit bull thing. They wrongly associate who gets a tattoo. These are the people we have in charge of our “diverse” city. Old white men.

Or the basketball thing. Or the customers of Metro thing. Or the...

And like so many things we are finally going there when the smarter move might have been tattoo removal businesses.

"Lakewood City Hall, a day late, a dollar short, and consistently chasing the wrong fads for the wrong reasons."

Well time to open another food and beer joint, at least the eaters of Lakewood will love it! Who needs the thinkers of Lakewood?

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”