BSL Law Exists No Longer In Lakewood - Charlie Saved!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

BSL Law Exists No Longer In Lakewood - Charlie Saved!

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:37 pm

Beau stood with Charlie, now Charlie is safe!

Tonight Lakewood City Council, including 4 of the members that voted the BSL Law in, voted to repeal it. The council unanimously said enough is enough and is looking at other ways to control dangerous dogs in Lakewood besides looking at them!

Ward 4 Councilman Dan O'Malley said, "The people have spoken!"

Now maybe we can get City Hall to listen on other things like, public record requests, harassment of citizens, etc.

The BSL Law saw a whole new group of people gathering political momentum which continues to grow.

Good work Tristan Rader, Meghan George, Dan O'Malley, Jennifer Scott, Greg Murray, Peter Grosseti, Mike Deneen and everyone that worked so hard to get rid of a stupid law, that has done nothing but cost us money, and damaged the Lakewood Brand!

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
cameron karslake

Re: BSL Law Exists No Longer In Lakewood - Charlie Saved!

Postby cameron karslake » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:23 am

Good news!

Righting wrongs takes time and the ability recognize those "wrongs".

This is a good start folks!

Jim,
ps. It's Tristan Rader, not Radar. :wink:

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Not to temper the celebration but I finally called my insurance guy and, as expected found that my basic homeowners liability covers my dogs. However, he told me that many if not most policies exclude certain types of dogs, ie pit bulls.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:26 pm

I am under the impression that the insurance requirement has not been finalized as to amount, when proof would be required, and so on. There is a “committee” discussing this from what I’ve heard.

Usually, dogs ARE covered under homeowners but it’s best to ask. Some companies don’t care, others who do will ask if you have a dog and what breed. If you don’t know your coverage, you need to call and ask.

Renters can get roughly the same liability coverage through a renters policy. Of course, many renters do not bother to purchase a policy.

It will be interesting when and how you’ll have to prove you have coverage. when you get your auto license plate you are asked if you have insurance and you sign a paper attesting to that fact, but you never have to show real proof of insurance like a current card. As we all know, a sizable number of people flat out lie about it.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”