LO_14_04 Online and On the Streets!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

LO_14_04 Online and On the Streets!

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:08 pm

Download Here: http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/issue_pdfs/Observer_Vol_14_Issue_04.pdf

“I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people.” Maya Angelou

As always a huge thank you to all of the writers, photographers, editors, and especially our advertisers who make each and every issue possible. Over the past couple weeks an advertiser called up and we had lunch with a new advertiser, and what came out of his mouth was just great! "The Lakewood Observer is the gold standard for community involvement. They have left the door open for all members of the community to take part, no matter what they believe, the Observer will give them a platform, and a respectful amount of space to get their ideas and thoughts out." It made me smile. The Lakewood Observer has existed for 15 years with no editorial board, and no agenda other than, if you are willing to put your name on it, and own the comments and be accountable for those comments, we want to help you get it out to the community.

This issue we build on our partnership with LakewoodAlive, and their "heroes" by starting a series of stories on other community heroes you can nominate, or simply write about, highlight and send it in. LakewoodAlive also kicks off their "Knowing Your Home" series which is something every Lakewood homeowner should take part in. We continue with our Foodwood© section, where we partner with Foodwood on publishing your reviews of Lakewood food and drink establishments, and if we print it, we will pay your bill! I mean who else in this town does that? No one. We continue to highlight the schools, libraries, non-profits and all that are willing to put up. Isn't it time you jumped in?

And as highlighted with the Maya Angelou quote on page one and the top of this post, help us find Lakewood Heroes, and never forget, "We can all be heroes" if just for one day.

Peace/love

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”