Free Speech Still Welcomed Here

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Free Speech Still Welcomed Here

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:06 am

From the new Lakewood Observer T-Shirts, available next week!

I noticed this morning Lakewood Democrats are now editing their page.

As long as you put a real name on your comments, and accept full responsibility for those comments, AND

you do not take it into threatening actions, harassment, intimidation here and or on the streets, you are welcome.

In the last year, this place has become downright friendly and supportive with and through public discourse.

The community can now see plainly where the hate, threats, intimidation, even stalking online and in real life originated from.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Michael Deneen

Re: Free Speech Still Welcomed Here

Postby Michael Deneen » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:13 am

hmmm.....I noticed something peculiar, too.

To be fair, I believe the post in question was pulled down by its author, not by the page administrator.
When an author deletes a post on Facebook, all subsequent comments disappear with it.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:30 am

Michael Deneen wrote:hmmm.....I noticed something peculiar, too.

To be fair, I believe the post in question was pulled down by its author, not by the page administrator.
When an author deletes a post on Facebook, all subsequent comments disappear with it.

Michael

Troll dreams.

As we witnessed here years ago. A troubled troll, enters the arena, drives people nuts with outrageous comments, then comes back in the dark of night and deletes them, making others look nuts. We ended the practice.

Then Facebook came along, where we have witnessed many trolls, and "civic leaders" even teachers attack with serious even hideous comments, allow them to stand for a day or two, and then delete them, and all comments that could have prove the person both wrong, or drunk on freedom.

Here we remove posts when asked by reasonable people for reasonable reasons, but they are all stored, for legal reasons. When the LO and I sued by a troubled Lakewoodite that had said in writing, they were willing to do anything to harass and shut us down, and even bragged to police they were going to sue the LO and shut us down. Every comment in question, every comment that was made was preserved for court, and their right to fight them.

Recently, the LO came under attack yet again by someone sending a member a false document from the State AG's office. The LO was never suspected, but the same person that has bragged about shutting us down through any means, and has bragged about using fake names has deleted many of those posts, but our post remain, and remain accessible by law enforcement in their entirety.

This would be the umpteenth time we have come under attack, mostly by people using fake names, then taking them to other platforms to show were are mean, we are nasty, we are breaking laws. Nothing is farther from the truth, we simple respect adults to own their words and actions and/or answer for them.

Seems like what this country was built on, and what used to be celebrated in this community before as Municipal Judge Patrick Carroll correctly pointed out, "In addition to the monetary costs, there are the long term costs to the community by continuing to maintain divisive policies, regardless of the validity of an ordinance, which pit neighbor against neighbor and fosters greater division in this community. "

To see the Lakewood Democratic Club back a candidate that fostered hate, cover-ups, lies and intimidation was a step to far in my opinion, and like the city and their pages, they now remove conversation about those candidates. Hardly Democratic or democratic.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Kristine Pagsuyoin

Postby Kristine Pagsuyoin » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:23 pm

To see the Lakewood Democratic Club back a candidate that fostered hate, cover-ups, lies and intimidation was a step to far in my opinion, and like the city and their pages, they now remove conversation about those candidates. Hardly Democratic or democratic.

Hi Jim,

The Lakewood Democratic Club didn't endorse for the May 8th primary election. Members hold a variety of views in regard to Democratic candidates running in May, and overall there is not a unified effort to back any one candidate.

Kristine Pagsuyoin

Postby Kristine Pagsuyoin » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:23 pm

Hi Jim,

The Lakewood Democratic Club didn't endorse for the May 8th primary election. Members hold a variety of views in regard to Democratic candidates running in May, and overall there is not a unified effort to back any one candidate.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:38 pm

Kristine Pagsuyoin wrote:

Hi Jim,

Kristine

That's great.

Thank you I thought you had backed Bullock, who along with O'Leary posted today an attack on Michael Skindell, while both worked to hide documents, lie to the courts and cover-up meetings that broke sunshine meeting laws (which were also mentioned as illegal in the court documents), and still fight Brian Essi for other documents the all courts have deemed public.

If you haven't good, if you have not spoken up about those attacks on democracy and rule of law, that is terrible.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”