The Photo Tom Bullock Doesn't Want You to See

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Gary Rice

Re: The Photo Tom Bullock Doesn't Want You to See

Postby Gary Rice » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:14 pm

You know me by now, but perhaps not well enough. :shock:

Let's get this all out on the table right now. :shock:

First of all, I neither love, nor hate any politician, but I did appreciate Ms. Kaptur's kindness with my dad. :D

For that matter, regarding my father particularly, I have also had occasion to deeply appreciate Mr. Bullock's kindness, as well as Mayor Summer's kindness, Mr. Kucinich's kindness, and yes, even Mr. O Bryan's and some of your kindnesses, as well. :D

It's the human part of the equation of life that I always look for, and yes, I do look for, and frequently find the best in people, and particularly those with whom I disagree. Without downplaying the significant differences of opinion that we have in this town between ourselves, we can still appreciate that good that is in each of us without ripping each other apart. I will not descend to that level. :roll:

No one can deny that my dad and I fought as hard as anyone to try and save a hospital in this town. I attended rallies, marched in the streets, and wrote several columns about saving the place. At the same time, unlike some of you, I felt that the real "Lakewood Hospital" had actually been lost more than a generation ago when the city opted out of the municipal hospital business. Since that time, I believe that Lakewood Hospital has been that in name only, but still I tried to save what was left of it. Going forward, there is more than one issue in our city going on presently, although the ghost of Lakewood Hospital admittedly casts a long shadow. End of point here. :!:

Next point: I do not owe anyone an explanation or a rationale for my opinions expressed here, but I do have the right to express them, as do you, yours. I also insist on respect both ways. :!:

Whatever Ms. Kaptur, Mr. Kucinich, Mayor Summers, or Mr. Bullock may or may not have accomplished while in office, the voters will ultimately decide whether such accomplishments merit their support.

As for the rest of us? Let's try and play nice. :D

Back to the banjo... :D

Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Gary Rice wrote:No one can deny that my dad and I fought as hard as anyone to try and save a hospital in this town. I attended rallies, marched in the streets, and wrote several columns about saving the place.

I don't recall seeing you at any rallies or meetings, turning in any petitions or donating any money but my recall isn't perfect.

Tom Bullock betrayed the City of Lakewood, its people, and its health in exchange for promises of higher office. He deserves no support from anyone in Lakewood.

To paraphrase a quote from A Man for All Seasons:

For an Ohio House seat? Why Tom, it profit a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world... but for District 13!!

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Gary Rice wrote:You know me by now, but perhaps not well enough. :shock:

Let's get this all out on the table right now. :shock:

First of all, I neither love, nor hate any politician, but I did appreciate Ms. Kaptur's kindness with my dad. :D

For that matter, regarding my father particularly, I have also had occasion to deeply appreciate Mr. Bullock's kindness, as well as Mayor Summer's kindness, Mr. Kucinich's kindness, and yes, even Mr. O Bryan's and some of your kindnesses, as well. :D

It's the human part of the equation of life that I always look for, and yes, I do look for, and frequently find the best in people, and particularly those with whom I disagree. Without downplaying the significant differences of opinion that we have in this town between ourselves, we can still appreciate that good that is in each of us without ripping each other apart. I will not descend to that level. :roll:

No one can deny that my dad and I fought as hard as anyone to try and save a hospital in this town. I attended rallies, marched in the streets, and wrote several columns about saving the place. At the same time, unlike some of you, I felt that the real "Lakewood Hospital" had actually been lost more than a generation ago when the city opted out of the municipal hospital business. Since that time, I believe that Lakewood Hospital has been that in name only, but still I tried to save what was left of it. Going forward, there is more than one issue in our city going on presently, although the ghost of Lakewood Hospital admittedly casts a long shadow. End of point here. :!:

Next point: I do not owe anyone an explanation or a rationale for my opinions expressed here, but I do have the right to express them, as do you, yours. I also insist on respect both ways. :!:

Whatever Ms. Kaptur, Mr. Kucinich, Mayor Summers, or Mr. Bullock may or may not have accomplished while in office, the voters will ultimately decide whether such accomplishments merit their support.

As for the rest of us? Let's try and play nice. :D

Mr. Rice,

Your reputation for kindness is well known.

I do not suggest that you owe anyone an explanation for your opinion(s).

I was merely curious about what tangible accomplishments you were referring to when you wrote the Marcy Kaptur had somehow done a good job, because I am unaware of any.

That Marcy has been “kind” and that the meanspirited—spreader of negative personal politics Bullock has the capability of acting “kind” is duly noted.

However, may I suggest that being or acting “kind” in public really is a basic functoral act of a “politician”.

May I also suggest that these two politicians both turned their backs of the underserved to please special interests and political donors, and that makes them downright mean and nasty human beings.

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Gary Rice

Postby Gary Rice » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:26 pm

Just a couple of points here:

First, Bill. Never an official member of SLH true, but pictures below (credit: Alex Belisle) will show I was there with banjo and supporting. :D

Second, Brian. Thanks for your kind words. I honestly think that we may understand each other WAY more than people may realize, although we are not always in accord. :cry:

Such is life. :D

As for doing a "good job"? Well, I think that some of the most important times that politicians do a "good job" is when they simply are kind with everyday people. I've never known anyone, politician or not, who could argue with kindness :D

Back to the banjo and the fish fry... :D
Attachments
Medicare 50 1.jpg
Medicare 50 1.jpg (614.43 KiB) Viewed 4501 times
med5051.jpg
med5051.jpg (343.26 KiB) Viewed 4501 times

Nadhal Eadeh

Postby Nadhal Eadeh » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Bill Call wrote:
Gary Rice wrote:No one can deny that my dad and I fought as hard as anyone to try and save a hospital in this town. I attended rallies, marched in the streets, and wrote several columns about saving the place.

I don't recall seeing you at any rallies or meetings, turning in any petitions or donating any money but my recall isn't perfect.

Tom Bullock betrayed the City of Lakewood, its people, and its health in exchange for promises of higher office. He deserves no support from anyone in Lakewood.

To paraphrase a quote from A Man for All Seasons:

For an Ohio House seat? Why Tom, it profit a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world... but for District 13!!

I concur with Mr. Call: Tom Bullock is a fraud. Shame on Marcy Kaptur for endorsing a politician who destroyed 1,500 jobs and healthcare in Lakewood.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Gary Rice wrote:Just a couple of points here:

First, Bill. Never an official member of SLH true, but pictures below (credit: Alex Belisle) will show I was there with banjo and supporting. :D

Back to the banjo and the fish fry... :D

Gary

Supporting? Or singing, playing and begging for Kumbayah?

The reason I ask, through the entire Hospital Debacle, you screamed for Kumbayayh, and Lakewoodites to move on.

Even when it was repeatedly pointed out that City Hall, lied, misrepresented, cover-up and intimidated people you cried for Kumbayah.

The other day when we spoke you were regurgitating lies and misrepresentations that had ZERO basis in facts put out by our Mayor.

I see you were there, but I question the level of support.

Last week I saw Tom Bullock leave an elderly woman with sincere questions, and come over to tell me she was crazy, they go on a 25 minute shouting spree yelling at a 60+ year old man seated that dared to question 1) his truth telling over the hospital, 2) His part in the lies and the cover-up, 3) His unwilling to take a stance to help shed any light on paperwork the courts continue to call public, 3) His inability in handling his fiduciary duty as an elected official and protect those that cannot protect themselves. I have photos, and there were many witnesses. To the other person;s credit, he only rose to his feet twice once when his education was questioned, his is far more educated than anyone else at the table, and the second time when his public service was questioned. The person had been an Asst Attorney General in Ohio and worked for the Department of Justice for more than a decade.

After belittling the voter, and patriot, who had also served in the military Tom pulled his usually bullshit of "Let's agree to disagree." The entire restaurant came to a standstill for more than 25 minutes as Tom went on his rant of lies and bullshit. The same bullshit he pulled with Congressman Dennis Kucinich, and the smartest most honest politician to ever come out of Lakewood and total gentleman Michael Skindell.

The man, no, the petulant boy is an embarrassment to Lakewood.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Gary Rice

Postby Gary Rice » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:57 pm

Jim,

From others, I might expect a post like this one, but from you? :shock:

I do not regurgitate lies. I will charitably state here that I'm sure you must have misunderstood me. :roll:

I do recall in our PRIVATE discussion making the observation that whatever else has happened, most of our voters have apparently been more persuaded by City Hall's arguments than by what has been offered here, and that many people feel that City Hall, in the final analysis, (however well or poorly they ended up handling it) had little end-game control over the outcome of the whole hospital mess. :roll:

...and all of the above observations did not reflect my personal opinions about any of this. :shock:

At the risk of reiteration, it is my belief that it was decided over a generation ago that someday, when the hospital situation came up again, it would be the City of Lakewood that would end up holding the aces and eights dead man's hand.

...and guess what? That was what happened. :shock:

As you well know too, IT WAS ONLY AFTER THE VOTING WAS IN, AND NOT "THROUGH THE WHOLE HOSPITAL DEBACLE" that I did write that I thought the whole hospital business was essentially over, based on my impression of the political tone of the times, and although I further later wrote that some were planning to continue the fight, I still felt that it was ultimately a done deal, and guess what?

It essentially was, and no amount of Monday morning quarterbacking since has been able to get any city official charged with a crime for ANYTHING, or for that matter to get the hospital's "open for business" sign put back up. :shock:

Respectfully too Jim, on a personal level, DON'T YOU DARE EVER QUESTION MY LEVEL OF SUPPORT FOR THIS ISSUE OR FOR ANYTHING ELSE. :shock:

I was simply not the last one to leave the hospital battlefield, and I certainly did not leave while the battle raged in Council chambers. :D

For the record too...

I'll decide when and if I ever offer a banjo sing-a-long. I do like peace and work for peace, but never for peace at any price. :wink:

Back to the banjo... :roll:

T Peppard

Postby T Peppard » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:06 am

I contacted all four of Marcy Kaptur’s offices to express my disgust of her endorsement of Tom Bullock. Nothing could ever justify this decision. I explained that her decision was the reason why Donald Trump was in office & would remain in office.

Bullock caused great harm to the poor and working class with his actions on council & LHA to close Lakewood Hospital.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:29 am

Gary

I will not hijack this thread from the topic, but to quote a friend.

:roll:

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:20 am

Thanks Gary, nice pictures.

The photos you posted were taken at a Medicare Birthday rally hosted by National Nurses United and organized by their representative Michelle Mahon. This was a Medicare event and not a Save Lakewood Hospital event. Nice try.

I wonder,

Was it kind when Councilman Bullock supported an effort to file false police reports in an attempt to silence his political opponents?

Was it kind when Councilman Bullock attempted to break up a Save Lakewood Hospital rally by staging a violent rant against the people attending the rally?

Was it kind when Councilman Bullock engaged in a tirade against a private citizen in a public restaurant?

Is this the kind of behavior you expect from a public official?

Guys like Bullock are so obsessed with a seat at the political table that they forget where they are sitting and why they are sitting there.

Tom Bullock was promised support for higher political office if he would only betray his oath and betray his supporters. He leapt at the chance. I wonder, what if he leaped at the chance to do the right thing?

Battles against public corruption are usually lonely affairs. The kind thing to do is to keep on fighting.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:43 am

Bill Call wrote:

Battles against public corruption are usually lonely affairs. The kind thing to do is to keep on fighting.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Gary Rice

Postby Gary Rice » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 am

First of all, no thread drift on my part intended . ALL of my posts here relate to this topic. Here's how:

It's always been my position that whenever we put politics above people, things get a bit hard to swallow. We are all, after all, a little lower than the angels. The Good Book says that there are none good, and so it is. :D

Mr. Bullock will answer for everything he has said and done, as indeed, shall we all. Chickens always come back to roost. Jimmy's point about Mr. Bullock's alleged public interchange with that individual is a classic case in point. :shock:

You know the old saw: "Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it" None of us are at our best when we find ourselves under attack. It will remain to be seen how politicians, or anyone else for that matter, respond when they are put under pressure.

(and personal to Bill: you DID notice the SLH t-shirts on the people behind me, and that, however that rally began, the rally ended up at the hospital? After all Bill, we did not march up there all the way from Lakewood Park to try and save City Hall, although perhaps we should have done so... :D )

It's ALL about the hospital. :roll:

Or is it? :shock:

If I'm remembering accurately here, Jimmy's always said that all of this goes way above and beyond that, and he has a strong point to make, I do believe. The hospital is just the tip of a very sublime and slippery iceberg, scraping along the hull of the good ship Lakewood.

Expanding on that Titanic analogy, what role exactly does a person like Mr. Bullock play in this crisis? Do they metaphorically stay with our ship, or swim off to Columbus? The voters will decide, I suppose...:lol:

Time indeed will tell, and make no mistake, it always does. :D

Still bottom line? As far as I'm concerned in our town, it's still friendship in my mind. I consider Jim O'Bryan a friend. Ditto Bill Call, Mike Deneen, and Brian Essi too, and yes, even Tom Bullock and Mike Summers, and most all of the rest of you as well; even though I might not always (in fact at times, seldom) agree with any of you. :lol:

I celebrate when people have their victories, and I feel empathy when people make mistakes and experience losses. :shock:

But I digress here... :wink:

Kate McCarthy

Postby Kate McCarthy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:23 pm

After reading through this thread, I came across this tweet:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (33.45 KiB) Viewed 4251 times

I am personally very tired of the let's move on mentality, particularly when the actions of some have such enormous consequences.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:45 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:Last week I saw Tom Bullock leave an elderly woman with sincere questions, and come over to tell me she was crazy, they go on a 25 minute shouting spree yelling at a 60+ year old man seated that dared to question 1) his truth telling over the hospital, 2) His part in the lies and the cover-up, 3) His unwilling to take a stance to help shed any light on paperwork the courts continue to call public, 3) His inability in handling his fiduciary duty as an elected official and protect those that cannot protect themselves. I have photos, and there were many witnesses. To the other person;s credit, he only rose to his feet twice once when his education was questioned, his is far more educated than anyone else at the table, and the second time when his public service was questioned. The person had been an Asst Attorney General in Ohio and worked for the Department of Justice for more than a decade.

After belittling the voter, and patriot, who had also served in the military Tom pulled his usually bullshit of "Let's agree to disagree." The entire restaurant came to a standstill for more than 25 minutes as Tom went on his rant of lies and bullshit. The same bullshit he pulled with Congressman Dennis Kucinich, and the smartest most honest politician to ever come out of Lakewood and total gentleman Michael Skindell.

The man, no, the petulant boy is an embarrassment to Lakewood.

Is there video?

I know video exists of many of his greatest hits, like the Kucinich/hospital event, and certainly many, many council meeting. I hope someone with access, time, patience and capability can put them together.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 am

Gary Rice wrote:Still bottom line? As far as I'm concerned in our town, it's still friendship in my mind. I consider Jim O'Bryan a friend. Ditto Bill Call, Mike Deneen, and Brian Essi too, and yes, even Tom Bullock and Mike Summers, and most all of the rest of you as well; even though I might not always (in fact at times, seldom) agree with any of you. :lol:

I celebrate when people have their victories, and I feel empathy when people make mistakes and experience losses. :shock:

But I digress here... :wink:

A friend to all is a friend to none. - Aristotle

Gary Rice wrote:If I'm remembering accurately here, Jimmy's always said that all of this goes way above and beyond that, and he has a strong point to make, I do believe. The hospital is just the tip of a very sublime and slippery iceberg, scraping along the hull of the good ship Lakewood.

Expanding on that Titanic analogy, what role exactly does a person like Mr. Bullock play in this crisis? Do they metaphorically stay with our ship, or swim off to Columbus? The voters will decide, I suppose...:lol:

Gary, actually I usually refer to it as a slippery slope. If you allow Government to lie, cheat, intimidate even on small levels, the next thing they will do will be greater, and greater, and greater. Until they conspire to help cover up public documents, fight residents in courts for years, even stop investigations into truly illegal acts done on their behalf. It will eventually become a criminal enterprise. Yes your good friends. Your same good friends that belittle you the moment you dare to question their acts. Friends?

Gary, Mrs. O'Bryan pointed out another lie that you freely repeat. "There was no stopping the hospital from closing?" and another one here, at some point you will need to understand, The Cleveland Clinic never asked to leave Lakewood, never. They never asked to leave Lakewood Hospital, never. City Hall asked them to leave through to RFPs, (Requests for Proposals). EVERYTHING CLEVELAND CLINIC DID WAS APPROVED BY LHA, IE MIKE SUMMERS, TOM BULLOCK AND MARY LOUISE MADIGAN. EVERYTHING. At some point, you will have to understand most of what you think, and are repeating is wrong. And j if we export these people to the State, and allow them to run on lies, the Good Book will tell you, we are no better then they are, WE ARE COMPLICIT.

Gary Rice wrote:It's always been my position that whenever we put politics above people, things get a bit hard to swallow. We are all, after all, a little lower than the angels. The Good Book says that there are none good, and so it is. :D

Mr. Bullock will answer for everything he has said and done, as indeed, shall we all. Chickens always come back to roost. Jimmy's point about Mr. Bullock's alleged public interchange with that individual is a classic case in point. :shock:

You know the old saw: "Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it" None of us are at our best when we find ourselves under attack. It will remain to be seen how politicians, or anyone else for that matter, respond when they are put under pressure.

Gary

That very attitude cost America over 1/4 million lives in our lifetime, the Vietnam War. There is no proof Nixon worked to keep the War going to get reelected. Now maybe you think his retiring in disgrace is fair payment, I do not. Nor do the 2 million Vietnamese he killed during that period of time.

My point is sometimes, a person has to stand for something, a person has to speak up for themselves, and for those afraid, or who cannot. The Good Book tells us that, and more importantly so did Grandma, your moral fiber, and common sense.

Which brings me to my final point, and more BS you have posted.

Gary Rice wrote:It's ALL about the hospital. :roll:

IT HAS NEVER BEEN ABOUT THE HOSPITAL, the hospital is just another symptom of a City Hall and Council, and Civic Leaders out of control. When Civic leaders lie, file false police reports, and intimidate peaceful residents. When City Hall squashes free speech, lies, misrepresents, hides and destroys public documents, in an effort to grab a small handful of money and land for friends and associates. IT IS A PROBLEM FAR GREATER THEN THE LOSS OF THE HOSPITAL.

The man Tom Bullock belittled who had spent two of Tom's lifetimes in public service fighting cheats, thieves, liars and corruption begins to the see the city he moved to decades ago and adopted and love as a criminal enterprise knowing now bounds or laws. We all have a problem.

Will Tom, Mike, Kevin others pay, I have no idea, but with every water bill you are. They increased them as yet another form of legal tax increase without representation. Everytime you take your trash to the curb, you pay, another form of taxation without representation. They cut staff, they cut services, and they play fast and loose with the truth, the budget and our city, and we all pay.

Sometime when you go back to playing the banjo, it reminds me of Nero fiddling as Rome burned.

Gary, do not let them make you a monkey...

Pick up the sword, join with the side of truth, honesty, righteousness, and protect those that cannot protect themselves, be the shining knight...

peace, and much love my brother.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”