Starbucks : is it official they are replacing Burger King?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Matthew Lee

Starbucks : is it official they are replacing Burger King?

Postby Matthew Lee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:33 pm

I've seen mentioned many times lately, as fact, Starbucks has bought Burger King on Detroit and will renovate and open there. Is this actually fact? Apologies if I missed it but other then what has been mentioned on this forum, I cannot find an actual transaction or confirmation that it is a done deal. Does anyone know if this is an actual completed deal? Thanks!

Valerie Molinski

Re: Starbucks : is it official they are replacing Burger King?

Postby Valerie Molinski » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Matthew Lee wrote:I've seen mentioned many times lately, as fact, Starbucks has bought Burger King on Detroit and will renovate and open there. Is this actually fact? Apologies if I missed it but other then what has been mentioned on this forum, I cannot find an actual transaction or confirmation that it is a done deal. Does anyone know if this is an actual completed deal? Thanks!

I heard it from my hair stylist at Tease the other day, which is right across the street. And I think it was confirmed on here by JOB today.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:15 pm

I believe it was confirmed that Starbucks bought the building, but I haven't seen an announcement that they are going to put a Starbucks store there. But I don't think Starbucks Corp. is getting into the Burger King business, and just in Lakewood OH. Then there's that valued drive-thru.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Dan Alaimo wrote:I believe it was confirmed that Starbucks bought the building, but I haven't seen an announcement that they are going to put a Starbucks store there. But I don't think Starbucks Corp. is getting into the Burger King business, and just in Lakewood OH. Then there's that valued drive-thru.

What was confirmed was that the property had been purchased. The people I spoke with at Starbucks said there were no immediate plans to oust Burger King. From an unofficial source with Starbucks, they said it would happen, but gave no time frame.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:30 pm

Starbucks closely guards information on new locations until everything is in place -even partners are kept in the dark.

But, it IS opening a location in Lakewood. They will remain quiet about it.

cmager

Postby cmager » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Why not dual-branding? Lakewood could become the convenience leader in Whoppers and Venti Lattes. To go with Deneen's new motto "You want fries with your latte?"

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:42 pm

dual--dual-????????? we got Marathon and BP 7 eleven and then into the refined cuisine of 140 and Lkwd Hts.

Valerie Molinski

Postby Valerie Molinski » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Stan Austin wrote:..... the refined cuisine of 140 and Lkwd Hts.

But have you tried the gas station hummus? Available at Speedy's Gas and Grub

http://wcpn.ideastream.org/news/local-f ... ion-hummus

Amy Martin

Postby Amy Martin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:35 pm

I'm excited for gas station hummus cause I had my first sample today from the station in Willoughby Hills. I got on Speedy Gas n Grub's website but there is no hummus listed on their menu . . .

Valerie Molinski

Postby Valerie Molinski » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm

Amy Martin wrote:I'm excited for gas station hummus cause I had my first sample today from the station in Willoughby Hills. I got on Speedy Gas n Grub's website but there is no hummus listed on their menu . . .

It's there. Flavors are limited. I bought roasted red pepper and pomegranate last week.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”