Agostino's, Sushi Rock

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Bill Call

Agostino's, Sushi Rock

Postby Bill Call » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:39 pm

I've been there three times. I've tried the Italian and the sushi. Both were excellent.

https://www.facebook.com/agostinossushirock/

I think they might find that excellent food and service at very reasonable prices will not guarantee success. We have reached the point in Lakewood and even Cuyahoga County were the opening of one restaurant necessitates the closing of another. It is the end game of the bar based economy.

Of course I never understood the eagerness of the City to latch on to that development model but there it is.

Jim O'Bryan

Re: Agostino's, Sushi Rock

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Bill Call wrote:I've been there three times. I've tried the Italian and the sushi. Both were excellent.

https://www.facebook.com/agostinossushirock/

I think they might find that excellent food and service at very reasonable prices will not guarantee success. We have reached the point in Lakewood and even Cuyahoga County were the opening of one restaurant necessitates the closing of another. It is the end game of the bar based economy.

Of course I never understood the eagerness of the City to latch on to that development model but there it is.

Bill

If you write a review for the LO print version and submit it, you could win the cost of that dinner!

Just saying.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:11 pm

We went there last night, and Bill is right ,it is very good - food, service, atmosphere, price. The best part for us is while I occasionally like sushi, my wife prefers other foods. Agostino's Sushi Rock fits our requirements very nicely. We'll be back.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:25 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:We went there last night, and Bill is right ,it is very good - food, service, atmosphere, price. The best part for us is while I occasionally like sushi, my wife prefers other foods. Agostino's Sushi Rock fits our requirements very nicely. We'll be back.

Dan

In case you or others missed it, here is the review Bill wrote about his experience for the Foodwood© Project.

http://lakewoodobserver.com/read/2018/02/06/agostinossushi-rock-a-unique-dining-experience

Write a review of your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant, tavern or bar, in and around Lakewood and we use it in the LO Printed version we will pay the bill!

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”