LO_14_01 Off On Another Year! Prize Winners Announced

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

LO_14_01 Off On Another Year! Prize Winners Announced

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Download here: http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/issue_pdfs/Observer_Vol_14_Issue_01.pdf

“I want all of the girls watching here now to know that a new day is on the horizon.” Oprah Winfrey

I want to thank Margaret, Betsy, Troy, Deb, Mike, Jacob, Brian, Greg, John, Paul, Dan, Stephen, Matt, Jim, Tom, Heidi, Meg, Rob, Christine all the writers, editors, webmasters, the photographers, illustrators, advertisers, board members, lawyers, printers and well everyone as we enter our 14th year in print.

I have been meeting with various "name writers" who have retired or changed jobs and they will be joining off and on throughout the entire year. All live or lived in Lakewood and will be writing about the city we love and call home. I also have some new people stepping up to help us bring you the community news that we have all grown to love, and count on. We are bringing back some amazing writers from the past, and some new young writers for the first time. The Lakewood Observer is not one person, it is literally thousands of people who have joined the fun and helped to make this project better for all. Together we can make this city better, and heal the divide.

This will be a fun, fun year I promise.

To start off the fun, we are committing to having many more contests and fun ways to win and get involved. Announced in this issue, we are partnering with "Foodwood©" to award prize dinners, and it is really easy to win one. Submit a restaurant review of 250-350 words, and if we use it in the print version, we will pay for that meal! So start eating and writing. As the Foodwood group has pointed out, with Lakewood becoming the new destination for food, drink and fun, it isn't Lakewood any longer, It's FOODWOOD!

We are also starting our monthly meetings again to get people face to face, and comfortable with the group, and with writing for everyone. In these groups we will be bringing some of the newsmakers forward to meet with you in a comfortable setting with all topics on the table.

So please join with us and join the Observer, we are going to have some fun in 2018 while being the most positive media group in Lakewood! Bet on it!

peace/love

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Michael Deneen

Re: LO_14_01 Off On Another Year! Prize Winners Announced

Postby Michael Deneen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Big thanks to all the writers, photographers, editors, and sponsors that made it possible.

mjkuhns

Re: LO_14_01 Off On Another Year! Prize Winners Announced

Postby mjkuhns » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Congratulations to the holiday decoration winners. In the end I felt another entry merited first place, but I adored the skeleton band and I'm very happy to see that it was also recognized.

Also delighted that the LO had three people providing photos from the "Perfect Season Parade." Honored to share the page with Brian and Mike.

:: matt kuhns ::

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”