Best Brunch In Lakewood, Go West!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Best Brunch In Lakewood, Go West!

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:27 am

For decades the hands down favorite for brunch in Lakewood was at Pier W. But with the coast of Pier W brunch hitting $40 a person, with good reason, many have taken to looking elsewhere for brunch of Saturday and Sunday.

The best place for it seems the restaurants around the Westside of Lakewood, near the area referred to as the "Scenic Park District" with great places to dine and enjoy morning meals and coffee like, Vosh, Georgetown, Around the Corner, Blackbird, Borderline, John's Diner, and even India Garden. But one place has really kicked it up a notch in recent months, the WestEnd! With over 9 kinds of eggs bendict type plates, amazing waffles, pancakes omelettes, frittas and more the Westend not only offers amazing food, but a great deal on their Bloody Mary buffet, and Mimosa Buffet!

Hence it has become the go to spot for those headed out to the game, shopping, or just getting going.

Place is packed and fills up early with a steady flow, of regulars. Check it out.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Amy Martin

Re: Best Brunch In Lakewood, Go West!

Postby Amy Martin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:13 pm

I agree with Jim that Pier W, while fabulous, is overpriced. But I find the atmosphere at West End snooty. If you're not a regular, you're treated like a second class citizen. We have also experienced LGBTQ bias there so won't go back.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:17 pm

Amy Martin wrote:I agree with Jim that Pier W, while fabulous, is overpriced. But I find the atmosphere at West End snooty. If you're not a regular, you're treated like a second class citizen. We have also experienced LGBTQ bias there so won't go back.

Try it again, that employee was let go, and Parnell the owner has always been supportive of all lifestyles, and employee all lifestyles, staff is very good with everyone.

Worst thing I noticed is trouble getting a seat.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:11 pm

by distance--- do you mean mileage? personal condition at that time of morning? :mrgreen:

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”