Model Questions for New Foundation Task Force

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Bill Call

Re: Model Questions for New Foundation Task Force

Postby Bill Call » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:52 pm

bentleymike wrote:We have requested clarity on the first right of refusal piece. We had that request submitted to the Cleveland Clinic last week. We primarily want clarity on if and how they may see it fit in use for any overhead.

The first right of refusal is on the $500K payment made each year over 16 years ($8 million) & they have first right of refusal on programming of those funds, not the other money that are "LHA" distributions.

Thank you for the response and our work on the task force.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:58 am

Jim O'Bryan wrote:• FPTF Community Questions Answered-

2. Why is the foundation being formed? Can’t the City of Lakewood just take the money?
Per the Master Agreement in Section 4.1, the foundation must be created and funded for the purpose of community health and wellness in the city. LHA’s assets weren’t the city’s assets.

"LHA's assets weren't the city's assets."

I continue to assert that this statement is false on its face. It should be promptly substantiated. If it cannot be substantiated, it should be promptly corrected.

If the LHA assets weren't the City of Lakewood's assets then why did the City of Lakewood receive the sale proceeds for 850 Columbia Road, an LHA asset?

Further, I challenge the city administration to produce either documents or professional opinions that establish that "LHA's assets weren't the city's assets."

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:
Jim O'Bryan wrote:• FPTF Community Questions Answered-

2. Why is the foundation being formed? Can’t the City of Lakewood just take the money?
Per the Master Agreement in Section 4.1, the foundation must be created and funded for the purpose of community health and wellness in the city. LHA’s assets weren’t the city’s assets.

"LHA's assets weren't the city's assets."

I continue to assert that this statement is false on its face. It should be promptly substantiated. If it cannot be substantiated, it should be promptly corrected.

If the LHA assets weren't the City of Lakewood's assets then why did the City of Lakewood receive the sale proceeds for 850 Columbia Road, an LHA asset?

Further, I challenge the city administration to produce either documents or professional opinions that establish that "LHA's assets weren't the city's assets."

Kevin Butler likely drafted the Foundation Task Force "lie".

Here just one record that proves that "lie" in Mayor Summers' own hand and also in the hand of CCF/LHA Trustee Tom Cable who was also then the Chairman of LHA:

"The assets, both real and financial, of Lakewood Hospital are owned by the City of Lakewood."

City Owned ALL Hospital Assets 1.jpg
City Owned ALL Hospital Assets 1.jpg (162.67 KiB) Viewed 4375 times

City Owned All Hospital Assets 2.jpg
City Owned All Hospital Assets 2.jpg (133.64 KiB) Viewed 4375 times

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:15 pm

That letter is the definitive answer on the issue.

"The assets, both real and financial, of Lakewood Hospital are owned by the City of Lakewood."

Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:That letter is the definitive answer on the issue.

There is also the original lease agreement, Lakewood Hospital financial statements and the Cleveland Clinic financial statements which clearly state that all of the assets of the Hospital belong to the City of Lakewood.

If the foundation planning task force is going to start the communication process by repeating the lies of Mayor Summers then I don't have any confidence in the honesty or integrity of the task force or its members.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:50 pm

Bill Call wrote:
Mark Kindt wrote:That letter is the definitive answer on the issue.

There is also the original lease agreement, Lakewood Hospital financial statements and the Cleveland Clinic financial statements which clearly state that all of the assets of the Hospital belong to the City of Lakewood.

If the foundation planning task force is going to start the communication process by repeating the lies of Mayor Summers then I don't have any confidence in the honesty or integrity of the task force or its members.

City Hall, others, lied, misrepresented and played us all.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:51 pm

My prediction:

The new foundation task force will come to recommend whatever the mayor and CCF already planned.

It’s just like the developer “competition.” Make is look like you want public input and agreement but ultimately select the developer you planned to hire all along.

I noted here on the Deck when the 6 “contestants” were announced, that Carnegie would “win.”

I’m not clairvoyant, and I’m not stupid. Anyone could see that coming.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:54 am

It is my understanding from a review of public documents posted on-line that the City of Lakewood has retained (or is likely to retain) a law firm (Kohrman, Jackson) to assist the foundation planning task force to prepare the legal documents for the New Foundation (n/k/a "Lakewood Wellness Foundation").

Reportedly, the foundation planning task force will complete its work in April 2018 in order meet a May deadline.

I continue to encourage Mr. Bentley to post periodic updates here as they become available.

This is the information as I understand it at this time from reading documents posted on the City's website under "Board of Control"

bentleymike

Postby bentleymike » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Yes, the Foundation Planning Task Force is nearing the finish line. Join us at our upcoming meeting, March 15 at 6pm at the Lakewood Park Women’s Pavilion, to learn about our progress.

For further information, visit http://bit.ly/2GQ6202.

I am EXTREMELY proud of the work we’ve done, thus far.

RE: Cost...KJK is attending the monthly meetings at no cost to the city or task force. That’s in their written proposal.

Mike Bentley
Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:54 pm

Thank you for this update. I look forward to reading more about the final recommendations for the Lakewood Wellness Foundation.

(For the record, I am not raising any issues with respect to the work or services of the selected law firm. I was merely noting the selection of KJK.)

bentleymike

Postby bentleymike » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:Thank you for this update. I look forward to reading more about the final recommendations for the Lakewood Wellness Foundation.

(For the record, I am not raising any issues with respect to the work or services of the selected law firm. I was merely noting the selection of KJK.)

I understand. I just wanted to point that fact out. When I read it originally, I felt it was a sign they were truly dedicated to making sure it was a successful venture.

Mike Bentley
Marguerite Harkness

Postby Marguerite Harkness » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Regarding transportation -

I saw an ambulance that had BOTH names on it: Cleveland Clinic, and Martens.

So, did Cleveland Clinic buy Martens, so they can monopolize all medical transportation??

Maybe the one writer was correct, that Clinic's "right of first refusal" concerning medical transportation, would be that Clinic wants THEIR med transport company to get the job - and the income.

bentleymike

Postby bentleymike » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Marguerite Harkness wrote:Regarding transportation -

I saw an ambulance that had BOTH names on it: Cleveland Clinic, and Martens.

So, did Cleveland Clinic buy Martens, so they can monopolize all medical transportation??

Maybe the one writer was correct, that Clinic's "right of first refusal" concerning medical transportation, would be that Clinic wants THEIR med transport company to get the job - and the income.

Marguerite-

This has nothing to do with the new foundation.

I do know a couple people who do, or have, worked for Martens. They have a transport contract with the Clinic, so that's the answer there.

Mike Bentley

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”