Civic Accountability -- Honesty in Local Government IV

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Mark Kindt

Re: Civic Accountability -- Honesty in Local Government IV

Postby Mark Kindt » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:
But I did attempt to see if I could find metadata in the PDF. Here are the screen captures that show the lack of metadata in the document. We can infer that the metadata was "cleaned" before the document was posted.

Let me clarify the statement made above. We can infer that the metadata was "cleaned" from the document before it was sent to the individual who erroneously posted it. I have not seen any of the information associated with the email or the email domain that was used.

We have witnessed the fabrication of a fake public document. A second violation may have occurred depending on whether or not an official email domain was "spoofed" during the distribution of the fake public document.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:10 am

Mark Kindt wrote:But I did attempt to see if I could find metadata in the PDF. Here are the screen captures that show the lack of metadata in the document. We can infer that the metadata was "cleaned" before the document was posted.

Screen Capture 1.PNG
Screen Capture 2.PNG

Two observations:
Those people have done this kind of thing before.
And they definitely know how to use the delete key. Virtuoso's at it, in fact.

Stan: Are you referring to the Wellness Foundation Task Force? My initial impression is that they are straight shooters, although like anything else touched by this administration, it bears watching.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:28 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:Two observations:

Stan: Are you referring to the Wellness Foundation Task Force? My initial impression is that they are straight shooters, although like anything else touched by this administration, it bears watching.

Actually Dan, another amateur Lakewood sleuth and full time web designer sent me another display pdf data gleaned from the document that had some serial numbers for software embedded in it.

But I prefer to let the pros do the investigation, maybe they can find the loser.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Dan Alaimo wrote:Two observations:

Actually Dan, another amateur Lakewood sleuth and full time web designer sent me another display pdf data gleaned from the document that had some serial numbers for software embedded in it.

But I prefer to let the pros do the investigation, maybe they can find the loser.

Hopefully the crowd-sourced tidbits and insights will help the pros a little.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:55 pm

Dan Alaimo wrote:Hopefully the crowd-sourced tidbits and insights will help the pros a little.

Dan

Some of the things shown to me recently were real eye-openers. I have known for some time that it is nearly impossible to take, edit or post a photo without all sorts of data being buried deep within the image. While high end imaging software from Adobe, places many markers deep in an image, and most digital cameras place all sorts of data deep in an image including GPS coordinates, time of day, and even sometimes rough comments on the image. I had never seen it in word processing programs, and that even programs that are used to edit or write text will often carry with it, computer serial numbers, software serial numbers, etc.

The pdf, when taken apart by a pro is very amazing when a person in the know can isolate and point out everything from number of edits, on what computers, and if the document has been shared. Big brother has come to the world to protect us all from terrorism, and perhaps even locally from thugs and losers.

I recently saw an example of this, and a single one page document can often create a 30 page document and lines of code when deconstructed by a pro.

Blew my mine. Let's give the pros from law enforcement enough time to work, and craft their case. Last I heard they were fascinated by tweets and FB posts, though this had nothing with either.

Go figure.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:43 am

Jim O'Bryan wrote: Last I heard they were fascinated by tweets and FB posts, though this had nothing with either.

Go figure.

Right. There's nothing of consequence on twitter.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:03 am

Dan

Another reason to wait is I know at least a couple people in Lakewood with the Democratic Club and possibly two councilman that have demanded that the Board of Elections gets to the bottom of the fake letter from the SAG's office.

Outrage is growing.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:35 am

I will continue to do a document-by-document review of public documents to highlight examples of city administration problems and abuse in this thread.

However, I do not want to lose sight of the bigger picture that is still unfolding.

We are still witnessing an active well-lawyered "heist" of somewhere between $150 to $200 million dollars of public assets and the questionable conversion and conveyance of those public assets into the hands of private entities in projects that are still in the formative stages.

This is a "follow-the-money" story that has unfolded and is still unfolding over a number of years.

At the end of the day, we'll see that we lost a valuable public hospital whose sale value never returned to the city treasury, but was largely given away to private parties.

We can watch in real-time a public policy disaster of epic proportions continue to unroll.

Trust your own personal and professional judgement as you read what I write. I count on that.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:44 am

Mark Kindt wrote:We are still witnessing an active well-lawyered "heist" of somewhere between $150 to $200 million dollars of public assets and the questionable conversion and conveyance of those public assets into the hands of private entities in projects that are still in the formative stages.

Mark

In recent days the whole heist has become even more troubling.

Originally, and even Mayor Summers is on record saying he wanted a Community Rec Center there. As it was pointed out by many at the time, a Community Rec Center is an expensive item to have, and an even more expensive item to keep running. Most if not all Community Rec Centers operate in the red. The thought process from cities like Westlake and Solon is it is worth it for bringing people into a community. Of course both of these cities are far wealthier than Lakewood, and both have much more developed and undeveloped land to help offset the losses. Other cities have lost their asses on Community Rec Centers.

So not only did this handful of people sell off our largest asset, and center of our tax base, it would appear they tricked Lakewood residents into voting for schools, when in fact we voted for a Community Rec Center that was never mentioned once, in the all of the campaign literature or conversations for the Bond Issue. A public Rec Center charging fees does not appear on the plans submitted to the state board overseeing school buildings and bond issues.

But what is even more troubling is, when this center loses money, as all rec centers do, it will be the schools, and the education of our students that will be cut back on to keep it afloat. Nevermind, the secrecy by elected officials at the schools, who all remained strangely silent on the hospital and the Rec Center, but think of how this affects the future of Lakewood students in public schools, and our future taxes.

It reminds me of the three-card monte, where does the rec center end up? Where does the money from the hospital end up?

For those unfamiliar with of the scam works... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwP44S5K4YE

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:23 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Mark Kindt wrote:We are still witnessing an active well-lawyered "heist" of somewhere between $150 to $200 million dollars of public assets and the questionable conversion and conveyance of those public assets into the hands of private entities in projects that are still in the formative stages.

Where does the money from the hospital end up?

The City of Lakewood saw very little of the money from the liquidation of its hospital and most of what the City did see is slated for distribution to others.

Goal: Transform an invaluable community hospital into an economic development boondoggle promoted by political contributors and political cronies.

Done.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:27 pm

This Lakewood Community facebook group page post was recently copied to me.

"Friends,

The moderators would like to take just a moment and address an editorial that ran last month in the Lakewood Observer’s “observation deck” forum that specifically referenced our page:

The Observer claimed in a post titled “Honesty in Local Government IV” that this page is engaging in “Harassment and Intimidation of Citizens and Impairment of Free Speech” because “Thoughtful comment critical of city administration policies, such as the pit bull ordinance, is deleted” and because “some citizens have been blocked from this page group”.

It is true that comments critical of local policies are deleted and also true that some citizens have been blocked. We vehemently disagree that this in ANY WAY represents “harassment”, “intimidation”, or “impairment of free speech” for two very simple reasons:

1. Our page does not permit political discussions of any kind, whether critical or praising, of any political issues. And like any forum, whether it be online or in person, people who do not follow rules (generally multiple times and after serious discussion here) may be asked to leave.

2. But more importantly- this forum is quite simply not an arm of local government. It is run by citizens who volunteer their time for this endeavor simply because they want to give back to the city. Any relationships we might have with the city itself are entirely coincidental.

It is our belief that to have a civil forum, it is important to have established and understood rules- rules that we as admins of this group take seriously and hope the members that choose to be part of this group take seriously as well.

We are very glad you’re all members and truly honored to serve the community in this small way, but disgusting accusations made against us won’t be allowed to stand.

Thanks as always!

Your moderators"

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:44 pm

I have a couple of comments with respect to the text quoted above:

It was never the intention of my post to suggest that the moderators of the Lakewood Community group page on facebook were engaged in intimidation and harassment as they state. They misconstrue my post.

However, it was my intention to suggest that there are impairments of free speech related to that group page.

I simply do not see how commentary about quality of life issues such as a choice of a dog could be construed as political speech and then be deleted.

I simply do not see how commentary about civil litigation about these kinds of quality of life issues could be construed as political speech and then be deleted.

Would commentary that was supportive of the questioned quality of life ordinance (the unconstitutional pit bull ban) have been deleted? I doubt it.

Why are citizens who post about these quality of life issues being blocked from the group page? Obviously, because they are expressing opinions that are contrary to the positions of the city administration on quality of life in Lakewood.

The continued participation of a senior city official as moderator of this page remains an open invitation to a First Amendment-based civil rights lawsuit in federal court.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:01 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:
Why are citizens who post about these quality of life issues being blocked from the group page? Obviously, because they are expressing opinions that are contrary to the positions of the city administration on quality of life in Lakewood.

The continued participation of a senior city official as moderator of this page remains an open invitation to a First Amendment-based civil rights lawsuit in federal court.

My point has been fully-proven by the moderators of the Lakewood Community group page on facebook who have blocked anyone who has questioned the involvement of that senior city official with the group page.

Q.E.D.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:11 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:
Mark Kindt wrote:

My point has been fully-proven by the moderators of the Lakewood Community group page on facebook who have blocked anyone who has questioned the involvement of that senior city official with the group page.

Q.E.D.

Thank you for the update.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”