Is this proof...

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Dan Alaimo

Is this proof...

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:41 am

...that a certain community discussion page is controlled by City Hall? If so, does this present a First Amendment issue?

Posted by Jenn Pae Friday:

"On behalf of the Admins of this group, all pro and against Breed Specific Legislation (BSL) posts will be removed per group rules since the issue has elevated to lawsuit status.

If would like to read about one of the lawsuits,you can follow the docket and see the documents including Aug. 23, 2017 Dog Breed Determination Hearing Decision and Sept. 12, 2017 Notice to Appeal with CV-17-885796 JENNIFER SCOTT vs. CITY OF LAKEWOOD:"

A link to the Cuyahoga Clerk of Courts Term of Service followed, along with the notice that commenting was turned off. A lot of people apparently liked this decision.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
T Peppard

Re: Is this proof...

Postby T Peppard » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:41 am

I replied to a few comments within a thread by someone named Toni, regarding who was hosting a meeting at the library to discuss the development of the hospital site.

Someone stated Ed Fitzgerald & the Carnegie group had already been selected, prior to public input. Our finance director denied it, the usual LO bashers denied it and then somoene provided a link validating Carnegie’s early announcement.

I made a supportive reply to Carol Miller regarding the invaluable information provided on the Deck and a counter reply to Karolyn Isenhart who made accusations of “starting controversy.” I commented that our concerns were warranted. I have screenshots and will post them later.

I was removed from the group and blocked.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:46 am

Pae may have made a fatal mistake.

Lawsuits are public record and may be discussed by anyone. PARTIES to a lawsuit operate under
a different set of rules and lawyers would advise not speaking about the suit lest important information be revealed.

It looks like they just cooked their goose on the "Lakewood Community Ohio" Facebook page. They've now publicly admitted it's city run and controlled.

Save those screenshots!
Last edited by Bridget Conant on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:46 am

Do we have a copy of the "group rules" quoted by Mr. Alaimo?

Do we have any information about whether or not the City of Lakewood has adopted a formal social media policy?

I encourage each affected individual to file a complaint with the ACLU of Ohio, if you believe that governmental action was taken to manage your speech rights on public issues.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:00 am

T Peppard wrote:I replied to a few comments within a thread by someone named Toni, regarding who was hosting a meeting at the library to discuss the development of the hospital site.

Someone stated Ed Fitzgerald & the Carnegie group had already been selected, prior to public input. Our finance director denied it, the usual LO bashers denied it and then somoene provided a link validating Carnegie’s early announcement.

I made a supportive reply to Carol Miller regarding the invaluable information provided on the Deck and a counter reply to Karolyn Isenhart who made accusations of “starting controversy.” I commented that our concerns were warranted. I have screenshots and will post them later.

I was removed from the group and blocked.

T Peppard

They already knew who reserved the room because Council President made a PUBLIC RECORD REQUEST of the LAKEWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY to find out, the moment it was announced.

You know the same Lakewood City Council President, that has helped to fight and cover-up all of the illegal, behavior while fighting every public record requests made by residents.

WELCOME TO LAKEWOOD

There have been two trains of thought since the Lakewood Observer Project first started.

Lakewood Observer = Open thought, conversations, empowering people to do what they would like to see for the city and community.

City Hall from FitzGerald on, LakewoodAlive version 1, LHF now, and wherever you see their names = TOTAL CONTROL OF MESSAGE, DISCUSSION AND ALL ACTIVITIES.

LO starts LEAF and Lakewood is Art (front porch concerts, public art, art walks), LakewoodAlive tries to take them over for control. LO helps to start Spooky Pooch, LA take over controls it all including where funding goes. When LO was involved 100% of all money raised went to animal shelter, by the end of the first one, $1,000 to shelter, rest to the advancement of their agenda and personal payroll. (need proof, we still own website name predating first event by nearly a year)

Lakewood is a city LO Founders believed was filled with open, artistic, talented individuals who given a chance could make magic happen. They fight it at every turn, with with the right control, we could get these people to make money for us, and move our agenda of commercial economic development to keep our taxes low, and maybe get some salaries out of it too. (Need proof, look at LakewoodAlive V1 meeting on Art at the Beck Center. Attract artists, and it will lead to foundations and hotels!

Look at media, every but but Observer total control by the City or one of their hired or once hired convicted thugs to keep YOU in LINE. Through FEAR.

Right now many good people afraid to speak up, because as I have said for years, if you do, you kid wont play soccer, get the right school breaks, you will be ostrized from other activities, marginalized, attacked, and make enough points with real facts and documents stalked by a professional stalker, that will dedicate himself to ruining your life.

Welcome to Lakewood.

As I posted the second year of the Summers Administration, "They have squandered our Cool, and our destroying our brand, all so they can CONTROL the MONEY and the STRIP MALLS."

Need more proof, we print and allow whatever they send in. THEY DELETE EVERYTHING THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:58 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:...that a certain community discussion page is controlled by City Hall? If so, does this present a First Amendment issue?

Posted by Jenn Pae Friday:

"On behalf of the Admins of this group, all pro and against Breed Specific Legislation (BSL) posts will be removed per group rules since the issue has elevated to lawsuit status.

Mr. Alaimo,

Do you think we can glean from this that if a lawsuit was started against those in charge of this "community discussion page" that the entire page would be shut down, because the issue of all discussions on that site would be "elevated to lawsuit status"?

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:49 pm

I wonder why there is a difference between "Group Rules" (Facebook rules) and City of Lakewood Ohio Social Media Rules. We have the first but not the second.

This bizarre explanation, "On behalf of the Admins of this group, all pro and against Breed Specific Legislation (BSL) posts will be removed per group rules since the issue has elevated to lawsuit status." makes no sense, but at least you were given an explanation.

You can also expect posts to be removed if you aren't cheerleading.

“One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”- 45
Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:57 pm

It is wonderfully simple. Lakewood residents should not discuss certain kinds of pets in online forums. We have reached the point of absurdity. Thank you Lakewood Thought Police.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Clearly, this decision by a city employee demonstrates that this fb page is being managed by the City of Lakewood.

Otherwise, there would be no conceivable reason not to let participants discuss their animal preferences and the regulations related to those preferences.

It is obvious that the City is attempting to protect its litigation position, since open dialogue on the topic might establish adverse written evidence for the City that the City cannot control.

We are now reaching new lows of shabbiness in our city administration.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:01 pm

I'm out of town this weekend and am limited to reading and posting on my phone in the car.
Here's the pinned post by Jenn Pae that explains the group and it's rules.
--
"PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING or COMMENTING:

Welcome to Lakewood Community!

Informed and tolerant residents, business owners and others with skin in the game make a great community by sharing information and events, as well as asking and answering questions about Lakewood while feeling comfortable and respected.

This is community page for the city of Lakewood, but it is not run by, endorsed by, or makes any claims to represent the city of Lakewood or its government.

Nor is this a forum to complain for complaining sake. If you have a question or need advice, ask it, but this not an outlet to vent.

Please feel free to invite your Lakewood friends and neighbors, but the Admins will approve them after they successfully answer the following two questions:
1) What part of Lakewood do you/did you live in?
2) Will you read and abide by the Lakewood Community(Ohio) group rules and understand that failure to follow these rules will lead to the removal of your comments, posts or you from the group?

GROUND RULES:

Admins reserve the right to remove members, posts or comments at any time, for any reason, as well as turn off commenting.

Please try to refrain from using profanity, and respect that this is a closed group and its discussions and content should stay within this group and not repeated, cut or pasted, or have screen shots used elsewhere without permission of the author(s). This includes photos and videos posted by members.

This is not the forum to air legal issues or grievances. The group is not a court of public opinion to help or hinder someone's police reported incident, tickets, fines, legal issues or cases.

Duplicate and bumped posts will be removed.

NO ADVERTISING / SELF-PROMOTION OF FOR PROFIT BUSINESSES:

Please do not use this group:
- to buy or sell items
- to promote your business
- to advertise non-charitable garage and yard sales
- to search for or to advertise jobs
- to seek/ rent/ sell housing or commercial space
- to seek sponsorship of a team, startup or cause.

There are many other groups and websites dedicated to those specific topics.

Group members can recommend, highlight or ask for recommendations of Lakewood businesses, but businesses cannot use this group as a means of advertising for themselves.

NO POLITICAL POSTS:

This is a Lakewood-centric group with the purpose of promoting community. Therefore, political posts and photographs, no matter how innocuous, whether party, candidate, or issue focused, will be removed from this page.

Nor is this a forum to post non-Lakewood causes that may or may not be political or controversial in nature.

Asking a question of an elected leader or a public servant (non-elected but works for the city, schools, county, etc) is not a political post, and their answer is not political. It is that elected leader or public servant's job.

Updated on October 2, 2017"

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Looks like I violated the rules.

Call me Ms. Bungle.

“One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”- 45
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:54 pm

dl meckes wrote:Looks like I violated the rules.

Call me Ms. Bungle.

For those missing DL's amazing reference to this classic, I post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7X5-Drctk

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:09 am

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:03 am

The Fake Community Page Forum Rules

Dan Alaimo wrote:
Nor is this a forum to complain for complaining sake. If you have a question or need advice, ask it, but this not an outlet to vent.

Asking a question of an elected leader or a public servant (non-elected but works for the city, schools, county, etc) is not a political post, and their answer is not political. It is that elected leader or public servant's job.

So, folks are only allowed to ask a question---not express any opinion or complain---to an elected official or public servant, i.e. Jenn Pae---and Jenn Pae and those officials can answer the questions and its not considered "political" because it is that elected leader or public servant's job, i.e. Jenn Pae's job.

It is ironic that Pae claims her job and that of elected leaders (on a public forum) is "to answer questions"--Funny--questions are not allowed at City Council meetings--public officials only answer questions they want to "answer", i.e. political grandstanding and there in no public debate allowed, i.e the public can't respond to the public officials' political "answers". Many elected leaders, public servants and Jenn Pae regularly fail to answer questions, and, therefore, according to Pae's Rules they are failing to do their jobs.

So, Mr. Alaimo,

I think these excerpts of the forum rules (together with Jenn Pae's control of the forum e.g. shutting down debate on BSL or even dogs), answer your first question in this thread: Yes, the community discussion page is controlled by City Hall---its is masquerading as an open forum, but it really serves as a self-serving political outlet for City Hall where criticism of our local government and free speech are not tolerated.

That's another irony of that forum---Pae & Co. are not at all tolerant.

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:06 am

Brian Essi wrote:The Fake Community Page Forum Rules

I think these excerpts of the forum rules (together with Jenn Pae's control of the forum e.g. shutting down debate on BSL or even dogs), answer your first question in this thread: Yes, the community discussion page is controlled by City Hall---its is masquerading as an open forum, but it really serves as a self-serving political outlet for City Hall where criticism of our local government and free speech are not tolerated.

That's another irony of that forum---Pae & Co. are not at all tolerant.

Brian

That is not true, they are extremely tolerant when they attack you, LO attorneys, people who disagree, and of course the site they are desperate to close down, the LO.

You get attacked they leave it up for days, and days.

They are no different from TASS, or Red Star. Government owned media, which is most in Lakewood.

After all, all of these people have not just high paying nice gigs with the city and benefits, many could go to jail if the truth was ever allowed to come out.

In the book I often quote "Slaughter of Cities" it points out that most of the damage done to cities is not the developers, but City Hall and the nice people not wanting to make waves, that allow the destruction of communities to occur.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”