I cancelled PD, now I need regional news source

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Dan Alaimo

I cancelled PD, now I need regional news source

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:16 pm

I finally cut off the Plain Dealer. No major problem with their coverage, it's just that with the erratic delivery schedule, I'd stopped reading it regularly and the cost was not insignificant. I have plenty of sources for national/international news, and also for Lakewood news. What I lack is a single, good summary of regional news that ideally leads to more detailed information if I want it. Any recommendations?

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
dl meckes

Re: I cancelled PD, now I need regional news source

Postby dl meckes » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:49 pm

One of the best papers is (formerly Toledo) The Blade. They have excellent reporting.

“One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”- 45
mjkuhns

Re: I cancelled PD, now I need regional news source

Postby mjkuhns » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:26 pm

Be sure to read Scene. I have bookmarked the "news" section of their web site, and you can see all of the reporting on local government, social issues, etc., as it's filed. (Most then appears also in the print edition which comes out once per week, and which is free.)

It isn't a "comprehensive" source, if there is such a thing for Cleveland-area regional news. But of the fragmentary options that remain, I think it's indispensable.

:: matt kuhns ::

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”