"Cult Intervention": Pae/Juris Suggest Lakewood Voters Are a Cult---Like Converting Born Again Christians to Islam

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Brian Essi

"Cult Intervention": Pae/Juris Suggest Lakewood Voters Are a Cult---Like Converting Born Again Christians to Islam

Postby Brian Essi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:11 am

Folks, I am not making this stuff up.

Check out their "thinking."

The irony of Pae's discussion with Juris is:

1. The City had both the authority and the duty to issue an RFP, for CITY OWNED ASSETS!
2. LHA did not qualify for bankruptcy protection--the had $80M in liquid assets and no debt.
3. That at least 5 Councilmembers had closed minds (like a cult?)

"Classic Projection Disorder" comes to mind when I read the idiocy of our public officials' group think and their apparent distain for 48% of Lakewood Voters.

BTW, Jim Kenny's Deck post was shredded to pieces--complete fiction.

Exactly who is acting like cult members in need of intervention and conversion?

scan0298.jpg
scan0298.jpg (442.36 KiB) Viewed 7867 times

scan0299.jpg
scan0299.jpg (148.04 KiB) Viewed 7867 times

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Mark Kindt

Re: "Cult Intervention": Pae/Juris Suggest Lakewood Voters Are a Cult---Like Converting Born Again Christians to Islam

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:52 am

This is just as offensive as the email you posted previously about the journalist from the Scene. Perhaps even more offensive.

The email seems to confirm that the new council-member is already tainted by his status as a board member of the Lakewood Hospital Association.

It is documents just like this one that have convinced me that the City of Lakewood is in need of widespread municipal reform.

This is the dialogue between local elected and appointed officials on a set of crucial public issues.

It denigrates the citizens of Lakewood and those who intelligently questioned the demise of a viable and invaluable community asset. (And, in fact, it is mostly incorrect in substance.)

With this kind of mentality and arrogance, they seem to have chosen their future eventual pathway to an orange jumpsuit.

Brian Essi

Re: "Cult Intervention": Pae/Juris Suggest Lakewood Voters Are a Cult---Like Converting Born Again Christians to Islam

Postby Brian Essi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:01 pm

Perhaps the most astounding statement in Pae's email is her suggestion that Lakewood voters--via a referendum--have no power over the public body (council) the voters elected to represent them.

Note that Pae holds in great distain the democratic principle of the "will" of the people to govern themselves---She wrote: how will a vote of the people "sway" Council to "do their [the people's] will."

Stay tuned--Tom Bullock wrote a missive to Council on August 28, 2015 essentially arguing that the voters cannot be trusted on the first Issue 64.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:00 pm

This reminds me that numerous council-members had LHA-related conflicts-of-interest both before and after the vote to close the hospital:
Attachments
LHA conflicts analysis.jpg
LHA conflicts analysis.jpg (502.46 KiB) Viewed 7706 times

Lori Allen _

Postby Lori Allen _ » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:41 pm

Although I am not sure, I believe I recall Mr. Kenney stating numerous times here on the Deck things to the effect of not knowing anybody a City Hall, not working for the mayor, and the like.

Maybe not, but this appears that Mr. Kenney was at least working partially on behalf on City Hall, knowingly or unknowingly.

As far as Mr. Juris and Ms. Pae are concerned, this almost appears to be more campaigning using city resources. Even if this was not on city time, it appears that both Mr. Juris & Ms. Pae are using their city-controlled, city-funded e-mail addresses/domains (Lakewoodoh.net).

What government agency would investigate a City Hall using taxpayer resources to conduct private political campaigning?

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:48 pm

I think these are the relevant public agencies:

The Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office

The Ohio Ethics Commission

The Ohio State Auditor

Based on some of the email documents posted on the Deck, I believe that city officials or city employees violated Ohio Revised Code Section 9.03(D). I have mentioned this in other posts.

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:03 pm

I'm gonna play the rube here. All you guys with the law degrees direct us towards different public agencies and multiple "law enforcement" agencies for a contemplative review of issues.
How 'bout our own Lakewood Police Department investigating this fraud?
If someone is being robbed of a dollar the LPD is usually on the job.
This seems to be a fraud that ---maybe-- possibility-- should attract the attention of the LPD?
We await a response from Chief Malley.
Stan Austin

dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:46 pm

Juris is referring to Marguerite Harkness's work on the economic impact this idiocy would cost the citizens of Lakewood. Although they tried to deny her numbers, she had also used the numbers that the Clinic had provided.

“One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”- 45
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Juris stated that council should see through phony reports.

That's funny cuz they sure didn't have a clue about ANY of the reports they were presented. :lol: :lol:

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:17 pm

This email exchange illustrates why Pae created the Facebook counterfeit Lakewood page....she views the public as gullible dolts that can be misled.
The fake Facebook page was a fine tool to deliver talking points while marginalizing any dissent.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:10 am

Michael Deneen wrote:This email exchange illustrates why Pae created the Facebook counterfeit Lakewood page....she views the public as gullible dolts that can be misled.
The fake Facebook page was a fine tool to deliver talking points while marginalizing any dissent.

This comes at considerable legal risk for the city administration as potential violations of both the U.S. Constitution and the Constitution of the State of Ohio; both of which protect the rights of citizens to petition and criticize public officials.

The city's novel use (and likely misuse) of social media is a clear, national invitation, for litigation with the advocates of the First Amendment; many of whom would be happy to proceed on both principal and issue novelty.

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:26 am

Brian Essi wrote:Folks, I am not making this stuff up.

1. The City had both the authority and the duty to issue an RFP, for CITY OWNED ASSETS!
2. LHA did not qualify for bankruptcy protection--the had $80M in liquid assets and no debt.

"Classic Projection Disorder" comes to mind when I read the idiocy of our public officials' group think and their apparent distain for 48% of Lakewood Voters.

scan0298.jpg

scan0299.jpg

Pae is unfit for council service.

Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:48 am

Brian Essi wrote:
Brian Essi wrote:Folks, I am not making this stuff up.

scan0298.jpg

scan0299.jpg

Pae is unfit for council service.

I'll bet you a beer that she will be appointed to Meghan George's council seat (sweet revenge, that) and that the vote (unofficially) has been taken.

Whenever you hear "after comments from the public" or a"citizens committee will help make the choice" remember all the public meetings about Grant Elementary School. School board members have admitted that the choice was made before the first public meeting was held.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:48 am

Whenever you hear "after comments from the public" or a"citizens committee will help make the choice" remember all the public meetings about Grant Elementary School. School board members have admitted that the choice was made before the first public meeting was held.

Yes. Also the hospital/Clinic debacle. Press releases touting that the public was involved and had a chance to express their opinions. Too funny!

But hey, although residents keep complaining that decisions are made behind closed doors, then sprung on them, newly ejected council members will solve that - with an email chain! :lol: :roll:

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”