Black and White Proof the New Fake Foundation Will be Controlled by the Clinic--It's a HOAX!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Brian Essi

Black and White Proof the New Fake Foundation Will be Controlled by the Clinic--It's a HOAX!

Postby Brian Essi » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:17 pm

So after six years of planning and "negotiating" this "deal" with the supposed crown jewel being a new foundation and only 2 weeks from an election on it, it is clear that CCF will control the new foundation, not the city.

Here is proof why:

Note from the attached pages 8-11 of the signed Master Agreement:

Section 4.1 LHA (which is now CCF) and City create New foundation--Butler and Summers suck at negotiating so CCF will clean their clocks at the "negotiating" table again.
Section 4.2 CCF will have representation on New foundation (the City may not).
Section 4.4(b) CCF controls “$8 Million” of money it puts in per Section 6.1(b) over 16 years starting in 2018 (really $4.4M Net Present Value in today's dollars)
Section 6.1(a) "$24.4 Million” is not fully funded until 2026 (Really $16.5M Net Present Value in today's dollars)

Last month Kevin Butler told me that it is doubtful the city will ever have elected officials on the new foundation.

So Summers & the Insiders are hiding the ball on where they embezzling the money to until after the election, but CCF has them out flanked. Duh!

It has all been hoax--it is a Fake foundation that will be run by fake leaders who want to control money and maintain their status.

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Brian Essi

Re: Black and White Proof the New Fake Foundation Will be Controlled by the Clinic--It's a HOAX!

Postby Brian Essi » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:53 pm

mjkuhns wrote:"No one's easier to trick than a trickster."

From Innocence (2004), screenplay by Mamoru Oshii

Mr. Kuhns,

Along the same lines:

"You can't cheat an honest man; never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." W.C. Fields 1939.

So while Summers and the other chumps were being led by Cosgrove's conmen by dangling a carrot of the Fake Foundation, Butler and City Council were sleeping at the wheel:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23469

Kate McCarthy

Re: Black and White Proof the New Fake Foundation Will be Controlled by the Clinic--It's a HOAX!

Postby Kate McCarthy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:25 pm

The foundation is a big carrot to supporters who actually think the community will have some input into the foundation's mission. I've had pro-64 people tell me we need to all get on board so we can plan on who is going to part of this great new endeavor. Home births, alternative medicine, think of the possibilities?

Summers roped in the human services folks and the hen folk and others that would generally be considered progressives and are linking the anti-64 as aligned with Trump. Yes, I have a hard time distinguishing Skindell and Kucinich from Trump all the time.

I hope people READ the master agreement and ignore the city's spin. Lakewood loses. Period.

Vote against issue 64.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:28 pm

I hope people READ the master agreement and ignore the city's spin. Lakewood loses. Period.

If only council had .....

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:57 am

Bridget Conant wrote:

If only council had .....

Ms. McCarthy and Conant,

The saddest part in all of this is that it has been reported to me that Councilman Anderson, a perceived well intentioned and sincere public official, is out at people's homes at "coffees" telling voters that the Clinic will have no control over the new foundation.

Cindy Marx told me that on December 14, 2016.

If Ms. Marx and Anderson believe their words, then they did not read and/or do not understand the agreement.

It is very sad...and dangerous.

They are essentially subsidizing CCF with over $130 million and CCF has no legally enforceable obligation to stay in Lakewood and they get to keep the $130 million.

On the other hand, a Vote Against 64 (and against the Fake Foundation), bring it all back and requires an additional $278M investment by CCF that CCF must leave in Lakewood if CCF ever leaves.

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:25 pm

Brian Essi wrote:So after six years of planning and "negotiating" this "deal" with the supposed crown jewel being a new foundation and only 2 weeks from an election on it, it is clear that CCF will control the new foundation, not the city.

Here is proof why:

Note from the attached pages 8-11 of the signed Master Agreement:
New Foundation Provisions in Master Agreement (1).pdf

Section 4.1 LHA (which is now CCF) and City create New foundation--Butler and Summers suck at negotiating so CCF will clean their clocks at the "negotiating" table again.
Section 4.2 CCF will have representation on New foundation (the City may not).
Section 4.4(b) CCF controls “$8 Million” of money it puts in per Section 6.1(b) over 16 years starting in 2018 (really $4.4M Net Present Value in today's dollars)
Section 6.1(a) "$24.4 Million” is not fully funded until 2026 (Really $16.5M Net Present Value in today's dollars)

Last month Kevin Butler told me that it is doubtful the city will ever have elected officials on the new foundation.

So Summers & the Insiders are hiding the ball on where they embezzling the money to until after the election, but CCF has them out flanked. Duh!

It has all been hoax--it is a Fake foundation that will be run by fake leaders who want to control money and maintain their status.

It was true 14 months ago.

And it is still true today.

The Foundation Task Force has no power to decide anything that will affect what CCF decides to do with Lakewood's money that was already given away.

Do you really think that CCF cares about any community input?

Do you think the City really wants any community input? Then why did they exclude SLH members (48% of Lakewood voters) from serving on the Task Force?

The City website on the task force (http://www.onelakewood.com/wellness-fou ... ask-force/) is a muddled pile of fluffy nothingness.

Too bad that so many of the people on the Task Force have been misled into wasting their valuable time.

Summers, O'Leary and Butler care as much about wasting fine citizens' time as they care about throwing taxpayers' money away to feather their own nests.

Are Summers, O'Leary and Butler too weak to stand up to CCF?

If not, why are they so eager to distance the City from the inevitable failure of the New Fake Foundation?

Meanwhile, they are burning through the City's limited rainy day fund and tax increases are just around the corner.

Conclusion: It's a HOAX!

Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Don't be surprised if after 2 years of debate and consideration the New Foundation decides that the New Foundation should use its assets to build and or support a recreation center.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Bill Call wrote:Don't be surprised if after 2 years of debate and consideration the New Foundation decides that the New Foundation should use its assets to build and or support a recreation center.

Bill

I doubt that, they already built one with the Bond money from the schools.

However I would be shocked if LHF didn't try to steal the money, after all they got far less than they figured.

Actually this was the worst business deal I have ever seen. Lakewood would have been over $100 million ahead just locking the doors.

Or course, the architects behind the westend debacle, and the DowntowN scam wouldn't of had millions of tax payers dollars and land to play with.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:27 pm

This would seem to contradict the overwhelming demand for an upscale pet food store. By the way, how would a trendy, post millennial, not quite baby boomer actually carry a 40# bag of organic chow out to a car? At Marcs Square you can just buy the bag, put it in a cart and unload it into your car within 50 feet.

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:02 pm

It reminds me of the Black Sox Scandal of 1919.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sox_Scandal

Like the crooked ballplayers, our corrupt politicians and nonprofit leaders risked their careers and reputations on behalf of more powerful interests (for the Black Sox, it was Arnold Rothstein and the Mob).
Once the ballplayers were in too deep, the mob reneged on the money it promised to the players...so the players wound up destroying their careers with little or nothing in return.
The mob made tons of money without risking or losing anything...just like CCF is doing.

Those ballplayers live in eternal shame, kicked out of the sport and banned forever from the Hall of Fame.
The clinic's political toadies are already paying a price. Marx and Nowlin have already been voted out, and Bullock is hanging by a thread.
The rest will be gone by 2019.
The local nonprofits that jumped on board with Summers will soon learn that their "cut" isn't what was promised.
In the words of the Arnold Rothstein, "What are they gonna do about it.....Call a cop?"

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 am

Stan Austin wrote:By the way, how would a trendy, post millennial, not quite baby boomer actually carry a 40# bag of organic chow out to a car? At Marcs Square you can just buy the bag, put it in a cart and unload it into your car within 50 feet.

That falls into the "Health and Wellness" category. Encouraging physical fitness.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:59 am

The saddest part in all of this is that it has been reported to me that Councilman Anderson, a perceived well intentioned and sincere public official, is out at people's homes at "coffees" telling voters that the Clinic will have no control over the new foundation.

I wonder if Mr Anderson would like to revisit this.

m buckley

Postby m buckley » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:13 pm

'O ye, of little faith'.

Ms. Conant, Mr. Deneen, Mr. Austin, Mr. O'Bryan, Mr. Call, Mr. Essi .
I feel compelled to remind you that we've been assured, "Mike Summers wants to get this right".
And Mike Summers is all about getting it right. All about getting you right. And that's good enough for me.
But if that's not good enough for the rest of you then at least take comfort in the following...
"We had to consult with law director Butler on the Master Agreement questions, in order to get clear, concise understanding and answers."
Hey now, that's definitive. That's a get with the program moment.
Kevin Butler, the ace face of public integrity is providing clear, concise answers on the Master Agreement.
Check your skepticism at the door.

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.
Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:40 pm

No Need to waste the Taks Force’s time.
She’s all gone..
The poor and underserved of Lakewood are just gonna have to learn how to make it ...without any help from
Summers, Butler, Bullock O’Leary—-their negative personal politics have overtaken Lakewood.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”