Mayor Summers' Deposition In Its Entirety

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Marguerite Harkness

Re: Mayor Summers' Deposition In Its Entirety

Postby Marguerite Harkness » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:27 pm

A good attorney only asks questions, that he already knows the answers to. (Incorrect grammar, but reads easier.)

todd vainisi

Postby todd vainisi » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:15 am

Both Janice Murphy and David Bronson of CCF are due to be deposed, and a subpoena has been issued for Akram Boutros of Metro.

Wow. That out to be interesting. I can't wait to read those depositions.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:36 pm

I was able to hear today that it is unfair to post snippets from the deposition.

When I pointed out it was posted without comment in its entirety I was assured that was even worse.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
cmager

Postby cmager » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:43 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:I was able to hear today that it is unfair to post snippets from the deposition. When I pointed out it was posted without comment in its entirety I was assured that was even worse.

How dare anyone parse the words of a politician who parses the truth!

Kate McCarthy

Postby Kate McCarthy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:I was able to hear today that it is unfair to post snippets from the deposition.

When I pointed out it was posted without comment in its entirety I was assured that was even worse.

It's no longer available on the docket but it was publically available for anyone to read. So glad you published it. I wasn't at the SLH meeting but my daughter said the mayor has since altered his deposition. And other depositions have been yanked off the docket. An early one with a CCF person was an interesting read until it was taken down.

They must really hate losing control of the message. Their spin machine won't work in a court of law unless people are willing to commit perjury. Waiting to see who will be thrown under the bus first.

Corey Rossen

Postby Corey Rossen » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:14 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:I was able to hear today that it is unfair to post snippets from the deposition.

Damn those pesky laws!

Corey Rossen

"I have neither aligned myself with SLH, nor BL." ~ Jim O'Bryan

"I am not neutral." ~Jim O'Bryan

"I am not here to stir up anything." ~Jim O'Bryan
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:14 pm

...and down the rabbit hole we go.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
cameron karslake

Postby cameron karslake » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:45 am

todd vainisi wrote:
Both Janice Murphy and David Bronson of CCF are due to be deposed, and a subpoena has been issued for Akram Boutros of Metro.

Wow. That out to be interesting. I can't wait to read those depositions.

Todd, don't hold you breath concerning the Murphy/Bronson depositions. At the pre-trial conference last Wednesday (3/16), judge O'Donnell told the SLH attorneys to "hold off" on getting those depositions until June. The SLH attorneys had been working to schedule those depositions for several months and they were on the books for a couple weeks prior to the conference. Not sure why the judge put the depositions off since the discovery is on going, but I felt it was a huge blow to the prosecution. I believe they were to be deposed this month, in March.

Lori Allen _

Postby Lori Allen _ » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:09 am

I am not surprised by his ruling at all. If you look back here on the Deck, over the past 2-3 months, I have posted plenty of evidence that backs up why this judge can not be trusted. He appears to be a crook and a part of the Summer's gang along with Budish. I have thought from the beginning that we would not get a fair trial in Cuyahoga County, and his antics are proving me to be correct. He is stalling to allow more time for construction to begin. I hope there are others that took my suggestion and wrote or called in a complaint to the Supreme Court of Ohio. Around here, the only county that would more than likely be fair would be Medina County Courts. FWIW

todd vainisi

Postby todd vainisi » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:59 pm

The general public is not allowed to see the depositions?

Kate McCarthy

Postby Kate McCarthy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Seems proceedings are public or not, depending on how the parties feel and how the judge rules. Since the plaintiffs are amending their complaint to add, according to the docket "VIOLATIONS OF PUBLIC MEETING AND/OR OPEN BIDDING LAWS" the postponing of the depositions might make sense. If discovery is limited by the initial complaint, the SLH attorneys may not be able to ask questions to address these new charges.

Speculation on my part and would love to have an attorney or those with greater knowlege of the proceedings weigh in.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:33 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:

Dan

We are looking at over twelve years of work come into the light. This is not down the rabbit hole.

You would think, they would want to share the reasons why they have gone this route since the election to say no to the WestEnd.

Again, on the night of the WestEnd being voted down, Jay Foran and Brian Powers were talking about forming a PAC to educate Lakewoodites why we need commercial economic development. aka birth of LakewoodAlive.

We should all remember it only lost by 47 votes, which would make most groups try again.

For twelve years I have asked them to explain what they are doing, but they prefer secret meetings and bullshit.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Lori Allen _

Postby Lori Allen _ » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:48 am

Does anyone know if CCF is still paying Ian Andrew's, ( LakewoodAlive ), salary?

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:38 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Dan Alaimo wrote:

Dan

We are looking at over twelve years of work come into the light. This is not down the rabbit hole.

You would think, they would want to share the reasons why they have gone this route since the election to say no to the WestEnd.

Again, on the night of the WestEnd being voted down, Jay Foran and Brian Powers were talking about forming a PAC to educate Lakewoodites why we need commercial economic development. aka birth of LakewoodAlive.

We should all remember it only lost by 47 votes, which would make most groups try again.

For twelve years I have asked them to explain what they are doing, but they prefer secret meetings and bullshit.

Issue 64 lost by what? Around 450 votes? CCF'/LHA paid about $500 for each of those votes. No wonder the SLH folks are still fighting the tyranny---and more cost effective I might add.

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:56 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Dan Alaimo wrote:

Dan

The more I know of our local government's shenanigans, the more I think we are very deep in a very dark rabbit hole following the Mad Hatter.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”