Vibrant!!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Grace O'Malley

Vibrant!!

Postby Grace O'Malley » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:48 am

I drove down Detroit Avenue last night and tonight, both times after 9 PM, and was just amazed at the people out and about. Teens, 20-somethings, and more walking, talking, and socializing in front of coffeeshops, restaurants, and bars.

It was a sight to behold.

People walking dogs, kids socializing, just so much activity. As we drove down the street, my kids saw classmates and waved or yelled out. It was like being at a party.

I felt so privileged to live in a city where my kids can walk a few blocks and be in the middle of a hub of activity. They can meet their friends, have a coffee or snack, browse for unusual CD's, hit the library if its not too late, and have a burrito at Chipotle's. Later, they can hop on the Circulator and head home.

This is exactly the city life I want for my kids. No car necessary.

As I drove along taking in the sights, the word VIBRANT popped into my head. I've seen it used so much in regard to maintaining and improving the city, and I never really liked the word.

But then, I saw all the activity and the people, and the joie de vivre, and I understood.

Vibrant
# Pulsing or throbbing with energy or activity: the vibrant streets of a big city.
# Vigorous, lively, and vital:

That's what I saw as I drove down Detroit.

David Bargetzi

Postby David Bargetzi » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:26 am

I've often seen that sight Grace. It's one of the best reasons to live in Lakewood. Wonderful description.
David

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”