2006 LHS Ultimate Dodgeball

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Radoslav Karabatkovic

2006 LHS Ultimate Dodgeball

Postby Radoslav Karabatkovic » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:50 pm

New pics are up on the Observer Gallery photoblogs.

This event was to raise funding and awareness towards Leukemia and Lymphoma and Mylenoma. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society was sponsoring this event and students paid $1 for a ticket to a raffle, and if your name was chosen you had a chance to square up against Staff members of the High School in a intense Dodgeball match.

The event raised about $500 this year, which is a great number.. that means that about 1 of 4 students entered, or donated $1 to this cause.

I personally think it was very cool, I didn't get to go to the event last year but I'm glad I ended up packing my camera and going this year.

Pictures of Principal Dr.Wagner being slapped by a cream pie are definitely worth taking!

We had Mayor Tom George make a suprise appearance, and Senior Kristen DiMarco from Kenston HS spoke to us about how much this event means to surviving Leukemia/Blood Cancer patients and ones who are still battling the disease. Kristin is perfectly healthy and has been for over a decade now, but her story is remarkable and noteworthy just like anyone who overcomes such a horrible disease.

I had the chance to talk to Mrs.DiMarco and Kristin during the event and it amazes me how humble and grateful they are to be healthy and alive. It puts everyone into place when someone who has struggled so much in her early childhood is simply so grateful of not only being alive but also the positives this has brought them.

Does anyone here know any Leukemia or Cancer Survivors? Any survivor of any disease or large obstacle in life is to me a remarkable person, and their families are as well. God Bless All!

Wishing good health and prosperity to all!

a humble, thankful Ivor Karabatkovic

"I know that the accident of me being a photographer has made my life possible."

"after all, I'm just the photographer that makes the writers work look pretty."-Ivor K

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”