Community Radio

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Mike Deneen

Internet is apparently the way to go

Postby Mike Deneen » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:34 pm

Given the complexities of licensing and regulation, it appears that an over-the-air station would not be feasible, at least in the near term.

However, podcasting, already being done with Stan's council reports, could be greatly expanded. In time, we could even expand into live audio streams.

I am even learning to make podcasts with my spankin' new computer so that we can beef up our selections.

Here is the question:

What types of material would you like to see?

Here are some rough ideas, feel free to add your own and offer insight criticism on these....

-- a weekly podcast featuring an extended interview with a local community leader. Not just politicians, but also leaders of community groups, schools, whatever

--perhaps a monthly "McLaughlin Group"-type podcast where four or five of our favorite Observers could butt heads over the local issues of the day....no politicians, just regular folks

-- podcasts of council meetings

--when and if live streaming is achieved, perhaps live broadcasts of sports events

These are a few starting ideas. Please, please please offer a critique so that I have some sense of what people want!

Mike

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”