Lakewood High graduates excel

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Thomas J. George

Lakewood High graduates excel

Postby Thomas J. George » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:59 pm

Observers,

Matt Fannin, Lakewood H.S. class of 2002, is captain of the U.S. Naval Academy basketball team this year.

Matt, who was recently injured, also has a brother Mark (LHS 2003) who attends the Naval Academy.

David Fox, LHS class of 2003, plays for the St. Bonaventure Bonnies.

Superintendent Dr. David Estrop and I spent last Wednesday driving to Columbus and back for a meeting.

Needless to say, there was hardly a silent moment the entire trip.

One of the many observations I shared is the ongoing perception by some that LHS grads are maybe not the caliber of graduates of some other local high schools.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. LHS grads compete in every way with other local high schools (and we've got some very good local high schools).

I'd invite fellow Observers to post the latest information regarding recent LHS grads, or other local Lakewood grads for that matter.

No matter where they went to high school, (LHS, St. Edward, St. Ignatius, Magnificat, St. Joseph's, Lutheran West or anywhere else), they all share a nurturing Lakewood upbringing.

After all, why does O'Bryan remain here after all these years? Do you believe anyone would put up with him in anywhere but Lakewood?

Jim O'Bryan

Re: Lakewood High graduates excel

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:23 pm

Thomas J. George wrote:...After all, why does O'Bryan remain here after all these years? Do you believe anyone would put up with him in anywhere but Lakewood?

Took the words right out of my mouth!

I second the call. Also we are writing a story of Lakewood Grads playing sports in colleges and would welcome anyone that can add to the list.

Yeah, poor Tom and Me, stuck here with all of you in the best suburb, in the best region in the USA! And damn glad to share the streets with all of you.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”