Vision of Lakewood - Growing Lakewood

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Vision of Lakewood - Growing Lakewood

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:26 am

Anyone wishing to see Savannah Farris' dream for Lakewood. We have cleared some space and talked Savannah into installing it into one of the Lakewood Observer offices.

It is ready for viewing, anyone wanting to see what out of the box looks like and what it can do for Lakewood is welcomed to stop by today between 5 and 8:30 pm. Savannah said she would be willing to stop in and explain her plan, where it came from and where she hopes it ends up.

Politicians and active residents have been streaming through this past week as she finished putting the panels up. Everyone, I repeat everyone is blown away by the idea and the drawings. This includes member of council, members of Grow Lakewood and some members of Lakewood Alive. The biggest question is, "Can it be done?" But no one has doubted that it is an incredible concept, and that it is a dream the city should look very closely at.

Stop by, say hi, there will be coffee and treats.

14900 Detroit Ave. Suite 310.

Last edited by Jim O'Bryan on Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:20 pm

I would like to thank everyone that took the time to stop by and check out a vision for Lakewood that one person said, "I worked on Burke Lakefront Aitport" and see hundreds of city plans, but this is the first with no downside."

Good crowd that ended up staying until 10:00. The last hour was a lively conversation about Main Street, Cudell, City Planning, and empowering people.

A special thanks you to Savannah Farris, who trusted us with this project, and to all that took the time to stop in.

Special thanks to DL Meckes and Bill who helped, and Dan Ott who had to clean his office for tonight.

This is indeed Lakewood's Time.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:30 pm

We were so impressed with Savannah Farris's vision! Seeing her presentation in its full scale is overwhelming!

Of all of the renderings that I have ever seen (done by professionals), Savannah's senior project, done (I think she said) in three months is better than most. I've been to presentations by CIA students before, but I've never seen anything like this.

During the question period, Savannah was grilled as though this was something we might be voting on in May!

Savannah- I hope you get a good grade, because you have mighty dreams!

“One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”- 45
Danielle Masters

Postby Danielle Masters » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:21 am

Unfortunately we were unable to make it on Monday evening, but my husband and I were able to read through the article today and look at the renderings online. We are both so amazed by Savannah's vision. I hope that something like this can be done at some point. Excellent job Savannah.

Phil Florian

Postby Phil Florian » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:35 am

Is there a way to see this online, still? Any links? I have only just gotten into this site and all its wonderful resources so I missed it! I would love to check it out.

Thanks!

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:39 am

Phil Florian wrote:Is there a way to see this online, still? Any links? I have only just gotten into this site and all its wonderful resources so I missed it! I would love to check it out.

Thanks!

Phil

It is on the front page scroll down. The entire project is still in the office, stop by and see it in person.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Phil Florian

Postby Phil Florian » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:53 am

Great! Thanks! I will definitely do that some time. When is a good time to stop by? Just saw the page it is on. It looks fantastic! I look forward to checking it out in person.

Thanks!

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:00 am

just call first

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”