Redesign of Lakewood - Senior Thesis Show

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Savannah Farris

Redesign of Lakewood - Senior Thesis Show

Postby Savannah Farris » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:02 pm

First, I want to thank all of you who have helped me with my thesis. I would like to invite all of you to attend the Interior Design Senior Show. My project is a redesign of Lakewood Park with a 26 acre addition bringing several revenue enhancing ideas to Lakewood.

My critique is at 10:00 on Friday, December 16 at the Cleveland Institute of Art Joseph McCullough Center, 11610 Euclid Ave. Cleveland, Ohio 44106.

Additionally there is an evening reception that may be more convenient from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. There is live music, free food and a cash bar.

My fellow students are exhibiting the adaptive reuse of the Detroit Bridge, a Cleveland Recycling prototype, a new type of toy store and wayfinding for the blind and visually impaired.

I look forward to seeing you.

Mark Schroeder

Postby Mark Schroeder » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:20 am

Thanks for the invitation, Savannah.

Innovation and grand dreams are needed in Lakewood and Northeast Ohio. Just over a century ago this area was the back-country--Connecticut's Western Reserve. Through innovation, vision, and hard work we came to be known as the tool making capital of the World. Geopolitics, emerging technology, and social forces are reshaping our region and I am encouraged when I see young people with vision applying their talents here at home. We can re-invent this region, and move ahead in the 21st century!

I look forward to finding out more about your concept. Perhaps there is a way to have it displayed in Lakewood, too, say at the Library?

Mark Schroeder

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."--Goethe
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:25 pm

Simply breathtaking.

The most exciting thing I have ever seen for Lakewood.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”