Moving Lakewood Forward

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Thomas J. George

Moving Lakewood Forward

Postby Thomas J. George » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:37 am

Observers,

Thanks to the Lakewood voters for their continued support of progressive, visionary and responsible local government.

Congratulations to all the candidates and special welcome to Nicki Antonio and Kevin Butler....we look forward to your input and contributions to our City.

Special thanks to the members of the Lakewood Charter Review Commission whose year long efforts and detailed research were rewarded with voter approval of two of their three ballot recommendations.

Passage of Issues 58 and 59 are important aspects of our long term plan to address our City's financial condition and to address our 100 year old infrastructure needs.

TJG

Kevin Butler

Postby Kevin Butler » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:37 pm

Thank you for the courtesy, Mayor George. I look forward to working with you and your administration on behalf of Ward 1.

Kevin Butler

Todd Shapiro

Postby Todd Shapiro » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:15 pm

Kevin,

Although I voted for your opponent I want to congratulate you on your hard-earned and well-deserved victory. As a resident of Ward 1 it was a joy to have two exceptional candidates from which to choose, especially knowing my Friends and family in Cleveland had none. I wish you the best of luck and I am sure you will be working hard for all the residents on Lakewood.

Todd Shapiro

Mike Deneen

Postby Mike Deneen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:34 am

I want to echo the Mayor's sentiments.

I worked with Nickie for many years on the Citizens' Advisory Committee and know that she is a hard worker that knows how to make tough decisions.

I got to know Kevin this year, and have been greatly impressed with his intelligence, good humor and work ethic. His efforts on behalf of CCLAS have helped raised thousands of dollars for the homeless animals of Lakewood.

Along with our returning incumbents, I am optimisitic that we have a solid team in place to meet Lakewood's challenges and move us forward.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:24 am

Mayor George, Todd, Mike all

Lakewood was once again blessed with a host of good people to vote on. I hope that those who were not called on to serve, will stay involved especially here on the Observer board.

I had an opportunity to speak with Dan Shields at a polling place. Bright, good ideas, dedicated we need him involved. Ryan Salo, again a person filled with ideas and visions. I've known Dan Brennan for a while and wished he had spent more time getting his ideas out. Once again the guy is sharp, with much history in Lakewood, so much to add to the discussion.

Now let's follow the Mayor's lead and kick it up a notch.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Tim Carroll

I agree whole heartly

Postby Tim Carroll » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:09 am

Jim O'Bryan wrote:Mayor George, Todd, Mike all

Lakewood was once again blessed with a host of good people to vote on. I hope that those who were not called on to serve, will stay involved especially here on the Observer board.

I echo your sentiments Jim, I intend to stay involved in some form or another and will be here on the Lakewood Observer to hear what the people of Lakewood have to say.

If I am called upon by the City Leaders to help in some capacity I will do it gladly because we all want to move Lakewood forward.

Tim Carroll

Jim O'Bryan

Re: I agree whole heartly

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:49 am

Tim

Thanks for jumping in. I did not mean to leave you out of the list but you and I did not have a chance to talk this cycle. Certainly I should have included you, Ashley Schneider, and Suzanne Horrigan.

Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to run.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”