Salo, Carroll Take the Low Road

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Bill Davis

Salo, Carroll Take the Low Road

Postby Bill Davis » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:33 am

I've been reading the campaign literature delivered to my house and I am shocked at how pathetic Ryan Salo and Tim Carroll's mailings have become.

Salo's "Bob Taft/Kevin Butler" postcard was the worst piece I've seen since Madeline Cain's infamous "Firefighter Overtime" card. Salo is apparently mad that Butler seems to have left the Republican party. HELLO, this is a non-partisan campaign. And I'll bet you that Salo proudly voted for Taft, so what's his point? The "neo-republicans" have screwed up "The Grand Old Party" badly... I'd bail too.

Then there is Saturday's 4-page Salo offering. What a waste of good paper. It says nothing. He claims to have helped a cop move the speed trailer. Now there's a reason to vote for him. And I love the "sex offender" platform. It's this year's gay marriage mantra. Dude, NOBODY likes sex offenders. Where was the list of endorsements? Does he have any? That's the kind of information voters are looking for, not how many kids he has.

The Plain Dealer reported Mr. Salo secured a $20,000 gift from his grandmother for his campaign, including $5,000 for his campaign manager, Ryan Demro. If this kind of gutter politics are the best those guys can come up with, Salo should get his money back. He would have been much better off investing his $20,000 gift on a college fund for his kids. Why would they spend $20,000 (or even $5,000) on a $7,000 a year salary?

As far as Tim Carroll goes, his "I'm a straight Christian, and Antonio is Not" flyer is a homophobic cheap shot. About all I can say is, there are some real nice states down south that I'm sure he would be more comfortable living in.

I don't post much here or anywhere, I'm a lurker, but this stuff bothers me. For what it's worth, I don't participate in politics other than voting. I have never met either Mr. Salo or Mr. Butler.

Don't forget to vote!

Bill Davis

Ryan Salo

Re: Salo, Carroll Take the Low Road

Postby Ryan Salo » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:07 pm

Bill Davis wrote:I love the "sex offender" platform. It's this year's gay marriage mantra.
Bill Davis

It is terrible that you would compare sex offenders to gays. If everyone cares so much, why haven't any laws passed to allow our police department to evict offenders that are breaking the current 1000 foot law that is already in the books?

I am not only going to allow our police to enforce current laws, I am going to strengthen the law to keep sex offenders as far away from children as possible.

You must not have any children, or you would not brush this topic off so easily. Talk to some of the residents on hall where a sex offender moved in. They will educate you on the severity of this issue.

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:40 pm

Mr. Salo---

I detect a convergent theme of highlighting the sexual offender lifestyle along with your running mate, Mr. Carrol's theme of highlighting an aggressive (hopefully non violent) gay bashing theme.

Are you two in agreement that these are the sole issues in this campaign?

Does your primary campaign donor know that this is how your campaign finances are being spent?

If you recklessly spend your campaign money can you be trusted to use good judgment with the taxpayer's money?

Stan Austin

Joseph Milan

Postby Joseph Milan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:41 pm

Stan Austin wrote:Mr. Salo---

I detect a convergent theme of highlighting the sexual offender lifestyle

Stan Austin

"Sexual offender lifestyle"? Excuse me, Mr. Austin, but why are you calling this a lifestyle? Furthermore, with 65 sexual offenders living in Lakewood, I'd vote for anyone whose platform included toughening up our laws on sexual offenders.

Anyone wishing to see where these people live in Lakewood can not only get a map but also a list at http://www.familywatchdog.us

Joe

Ryan Salo

Postby Ryan Salo » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:05 pm

Stan,

I still cannot make the connection between gays and those that molest 4yr olds. If you do not want me to protect our children, don't vote for me.

On another point, you obviously have not read any of my material. You really should do your own research. You can feel free to visit my website www.ryansalo.com or call me personally (216-288-9163) to chat, or you can throw mud without regard to the facts.

Joseph Milan

Re: Salo, Carroll Take the Low Road

Postby Joseph Milan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:08 pm

Bill Davis wrote:I don't post much here or anywhere, I'm a lurker, but this stuff bothers me. For what it's worth, I don't participate in politics other than voting. I have never met either Mr. Salo or Mr. Butler.

Bill Davis

If you're simply a lurker and don't do anything but vote, as you have stated, then your entire post should be disregarded by all. It amounts to a free attack ad at the 23rd hour and should be disregarded by all.
I stopped using the Lakewood Buzz website because of the trash thrown around there. Let's hope this site doesn't turn into another buzz site.

Joe

Joseph Milan

Postby Joseph Milan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:02 pm

Mr Davis,

If you truly are disgusted by negative ads and attack pieces, you should take the high road and ask the webmaster to remove your original posting in this topic.

Joe

Kenneth Warren

Postby Kenneth Warren » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:18 pm

Joe:

Open source means never having to ask the webmaster to snuff a post.

It's election time.

I am satisfied to read the lurker kernel, the partisan kernel, with real names attached on the Observation Deck.

You guys are processing campaign material and perspectives for all eyes to see, named and claimed to reveal the rough and tumble in the Lakewood polis.

I appreciate it all. I'd hate to see anything snuffed.

So thanks Bill, thanks Joe, for putting it up and keeping it up.

Kenneth Warren

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”