Lakewood Catholic Academy

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Mike Deneen

Lakewood Catholic Academy

Postby Mike Deneen » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:09 am

I stopped by the open house for LCA on Saturday and I was extremely impressed. My mom is a volunteer at St. Mark's School, which services both Lakewood and Cleveland. I have always thought that St. Mark's is the best grade school I have ever seen. It has great teachers and facilities, far better than what I had attending Catholic and public schools on the West Side of Cleveland. Some kids even commute from outer-ring suburbs to attend St. Mark's.

However, LCA not only seems to match St. Mark's, it is actually larger and offers the kids a chance to go to grade school in a High School-type environment. Not only do they have computer labs, but they also have a working science lab. In addition, the kids will learn both French and Spanish beginning in fourth grade. I never had a chance to learn a foreign language until entering St. Ed's.

Hats off to all of the volunteers that radically cleaned and renovated the building on only one short summer. Not only do I expect the school to survive, I think it will thrive.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”