Lakewood Marina in Valley Headed for Development

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Grace O'Malley

Lakewood Marina in Valley Headed for Development

Postby Grace O'Malley » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:53 pm

It's like the end of an era.

I hear that Krumreig's Marina and his property up on Sloane has been sold to a developer. :(

Wonder what they have in mind for that spot?

dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:16 pm

Have you been down to Sweetwater Landing and looked across the canyon to the new condos? I believe we'll "see" the same thing on the Lakewood side (actually only visible from Rocky River). I would assume that there would be a whole new marina area.

IIRC, there was discussion about a Sloane development when that whole number thingie was going on.

Probably great if you have a boat. You'd have an incredible view of the ice breakup in the spring.

Lynn Farris

Postby Lynn Farris » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:11 pm

You know Grace, I'm happy for them. The Krumereig's really wanted to sell and were very unhappy about Issue 47. I'm glad they got to do what they wanted, while the people that didn't want to sell got to keep their homes.

Hopefully Lakewood's good architectural review board will keep this development in check with the neighborhood.

Grace O'Malley

Postby Grace O'Malley » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:10 pm

The Krumreig riverfront property and his building on Sloane were transferred to the buyer: Foran Montlack Development Co.

Is that any relation to Mr. Jay Foran of Lakewood?

Any plans for the site yet?

Dave Kermode

Postby Dave Kermode » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:16 am

I'd put my money on it being Rick Foran of Heartland Developers (the developer chosen to develop the residential portion of the West End) and Montlack Realty. Heartland has done a fair number of higher-end residential projects in the first ring eastern suburbs (primarily Shaker) and Montlack has pretty extensive holdings as a landlord in the Shaker Square area. Not a given, but they seem to be a stronger possibility. Both have websites, which are:

http://www.heartlanddevelopers.com

http://www.montlackrealty.com

Heartland seems the more likely candidate to pursue any residential development, and have shown that they are willing to develop within the city of Cleveland or first suburbs. The Heartland website has links to current projects and a short background on their history.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”