Scooping the Sun

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:44 pm

Jeff

Let's not forget that Observer had gone very deep into the discussion and news of the house on Nicholson and Lake. Where the sun has one picture of the sign I am ready to upload all the items of the auction.

Thanks to all the Observers.

Jim

STOSH BURGESS

Postby STOSH BURGESS » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:42 pm

Jeff, I thought the same thing when I read the front page. I am considering canceling my subscription, because of the better resources that are available now. Why not cut out the middle man (the sun) and get my news here.

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:45 am

Hey Gang--- Give 'em a break! They're only 2 weeks behind on the tall grass story! :lol: *chortle,chortle*
Stan

Mike Deneen

Not so fast, my friends...

Postby Mike Deneen » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:38 am

...let's show some respect for the Sun-Post. Given their space limitations, by and large I think their local reporters have done a decent job covering the city over the years. I shudder to think where we would have been if we had to rely on just the PD for the past 23 years.

My sister and many of my friends are in the newspaper business (but none at the sun-post). The practical reality is that the sun-post cannot customize more than a few pages of their newspapers and remain financially feasible. Remember, their writers and staff are NOT volunteers.

As for the PD, if it does not involve a "hot button" issue, forget about it. Lakewood represents less than five percent of the metro area (that's just counting cuyahoga county and immediate towns), so we're not gonna get any indepth coverage.

The observer is a great addition to the media mix, along with the Sun-Post, Buzz, Free Times and Scene. The more voices the better.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”