PAPER IS AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

PAPER IS AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:14 pm

The first edition of The Lakewood Observer hit the streets at 12:15 today.

17,000+ papers to highlight and amplify life in Lakewood.

Help get them to the people sign up to deliver.

Again, thanks to everyone involved.

It is our paper, as it is our city.

Love

Jim O'Bryan

PS - It rocks!!
Last edited by Jim O'Bryan on Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suzanne Metelko

Postby Suzanne Metelko » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:59 pm

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's the.....LAKEWOOD OBSERVER!!

Congratulations! It's the bomb. Way to go Jim and Ken et. al.

Han Liou

Postby Han Liou » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:56 pm

The paper looks outstanding! I picked up a few copies (for myself, friends and family) on the way home from work. I'm really excited about all of this and congrats and respect to all who made it happen. Cheers!

Han

Kenneth Warren

Postby Kenneth Warren » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:01 pm

It's a great day for Lakewood. Thanks to everybody.

After a night on the town with Tom Powell-Bullock, I delivered 100 papers to homes on Belle between Clifton and the tracks, and down Clifton both sides to Manor Park. It took me less than 40 minutes.

It's great to put the paper in a neighbor's hand.

One woman asked if I was the guy who drives the Isetta (spelling).

We should keep track and figure out who is delivering where.

Kenneth Warren

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:42 pm

To everyone, thanks again.

The response has been staggering!

Walking into McCarthy's a peak time and seeing 2/3 of the bar reading the words of fellow Observers brought a real smile to my face.

All of you should be very proud today, today was they day The Lakewood Observer delivered.

We still have a long uphill battle, but the city loves you.

Jim

Ken we are mapping out at the office. Almost 7,000 on the streets with some people running out and calling for more!

Stephen Calhoun

Postby Stephen Calhoun » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:17 am

Mr. Buddy, save me five copies, willya? '8)'

I'm tracking coolcleveland, brewedfresh, to see when the boho/yuppo intelligensia actually checks their radar screens for ULO's.

Uphill? Reframe.

"bring me your projects, not your problems!"

The only thing left to do is to do. When you meet enthusiasm for the project BE SURE TO ASK the person what their personal interest is in living their beautiful divine life in Lakewood, AND, if they'd like to participate in setting a world record or two or three.

Try to make this a habit because over time the grease on the wheels is merely the collective effort animated and realized.

Grease on wheels helps the cart go uphill, but the real fun is riding those slippery wheels downhill.

"What's your story?"

"What do you have to say?"

"What are your interests?"

(And then get their email address and give them the LO calling card.)

Congratulations to all. Good riding to all! Weeeeee...

Heidi Hilty

Postby Heidi Hilty » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:27 am

Hiltys are delivering Edgewater from Abbieshire to Summit and as many of the adjoining sidestreets btwn Edgewater & Lake as we have papers.

Thomas D. Corrigan

First Print Edition.

Postby Thomas D. Corrigan » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:08 am

Hey, it's really good. Expecting nothing less, it was still really good. I went looking for typos/misprints, just so I could say something critical/helpful, but I couldn't. I would not change a thing. WOW!

I was particularly surprised/pleased/moved by the backpage story/cartoon: that truly was one of Lakewood's finest hours (even if The Band thought best to change the song lyric to "Look out Cleveland! Storm is coming over you ..."; hey, wait a minute, maybe they didn't change the lyric and it was just somebody typical in Lakewood, looking up from our own storm mess, and wanting to warn Cleveland too!)

Anyway, finding no fault/error/mistake whatsoever in the first issue, the only suggestion I can make is this:

If the LO ever does make a typo, mistake, misidentify somebody in a photo caption, etc., should LO have a corrections block or errata column on the lower portion of Page 2? Maybe the next issue can demonstrate such a space and point out that no errors were reported about the first issue?

How's that for a typical lawyer's contribution: you've made no mistakes, but I cannot expect you to remain perfect, so "howsabout" a process for dealing with future imperfections!

Congratulations to everyone who made this happen and keep it up!! :D

Tom Corrigan (These are not official remarks, but a somewhat careful attempt to contribute from my perspective.)LOOK FOR the GOOD and WORK WITH the GOODand the GOOD COMES BACK in MULTITUDE! CITIES ARE MOSTLY GOOD!!!
Dan Slife

Postby Dan Slife » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:55 pm

This is a very special time within unique space to make great things happen. Thanks to all who have and will give their time and energy to this communtiy effort.

Cheers! :lol:

Dan Slife

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”