Summers/Pae Concede Hospital Cash Cow For City

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Brian Essi

Summers/Pae Concede Hospital Cash Cow For City

Postby Brian Essi » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:12 pm

Jennifer Pae wrote: The Hospital has always been supported by the revenues generated from operations, and when it was on the City's books up until 1986, it was reported as an Enterprise Fund. Therefore, no tax derived revenue sources ever supported the hospital.http://www.onelakewood.com/wp-content/u ... 042015.pdf

So Summers and Pae now admit that Lakewood Hospital has been paying the City millions of dollars in rent and taxes each year for decades.

It also generated on average $7,000,000 in charity for the poor EVERY YEAR for decades.

This shows that Summers/Build Lakewood's talking points and literature are a fraud.

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Jennifer Pae

Re: Summers/Pae Concede Hospital Cash Cow For City

Postby Jennifer Pae » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:30 pm

I've always been admitting this. No big shock, revelation, secret revealed, etc. there.

All I recently shared is how the City has reported the hospital finances over the years, and I've been doing this from the onset. As I've continued to say, the hospital was reported on the City's financial reports up until 1986, and haven't been since. The only thing reported is the annual "additional payment' per the terms of the lease which goes into a special revenue fund for the support of the City's EMS services.

In 1996, the terms of lease changed to reflect the "additional payments" going from $200 a year to over $1 million annually. Again, with the intention to support the EMS program which was transferred from the hospital from to the City in 1999.

Any income derived from wages earned is taxed by the Federal government, the State, and this municipality. Therefore, the hospital has always paid withholding income taxes.

This is what I reported to City Council on April 20th, and here it is again: http://www.onelakewood.com/wp-content/u ... 042015.pdf

This post and your comments are completely off base, twisting of facts, and entirely misleading.

marklingm

Postby marklingm » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:33 pm

Brian Essi wrote:
Jennifer Pae wrote: The Hospital has always been supported by the revenues generated from operations, and when it was on the City's books up until 1986, it was reported as an Enterprise Fund. Therefore, no tax derived revenue sources ever supported the hospital.http://www.onelakewood.com/wp-content/u ... 042015.pdf

So Summers and Pae now admit that Lakewood Hospital has been paying the City millions of dollars in rent and taxes each year for decades.

It also generated on average $7,000,000 in charity for the poor EVERY YEAR for decades.

This shows that Summers/Build Lakewood's talking points and literature are a fraud.

Brian,

On the SLH Facebook page, Jennifer Pae responds to the above quote as follows:

Jennifer Pae wrote:Nope. Never said. Totally wrong.

And, yet, we have someone over here on the Deck posting as Jennifer Pae in the "CCF Moves To Strike Plantiff's Motion To Compel" thread stating:

Jennifer Pae wrote:Tom - The Hospital has always been supported by the revenues generated from operations, and when it was on the City's books up until 1986, it was reported as an Enterprise Fund. Therefore, no tax derived revenue sources ever supported the hospital. You can find more information regarding the hospital's finances when they were reported on the City's financial books at: http://www.onelakewood.com/wp-content/u ... 042015.pdf

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13968&p=97979&hilit

Matt
Last edited by marklingm on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marklingm

Postby marklingm » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Jennifer Pae wrote:I've always been admitting this. No big shock, revelation, secret revealed, etc. there.

Jenn,

Please note that there is another Jenn Pae on the SLH Facebook page responding to your quote here as follows:

Jennifer Pae wrote:Nope. Never said. Totally wrong.

Matt

Jennifer Pae

Postby Jennifer Pae » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:48 pm

And I am that person, and I stand by my "Nope. Never said. Totally wrong." because Pae never Conceded Hospital Cash Cow For City.

LHA paid the debt service (Basic Rent) and lease payments (Additional Payments) per the terms of the lease, and all applicable taxes as required by law.

marklingm

Postby marklingm » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Jennifer Pae wrote:And I am that person, and I stand by my "Nope. Never said. Totally wrong."

Whew!

I was worried that those pesky Czech Republic scoundrels were back hacking City Hall folks again!

Matt

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Jennifer Pae wrote:And I am that person, and I stand by my "Nope. Never said. Totally wrong." because Pae never Conceded Hospital Cash Cow For City.

LHA paid the debt service (Basic Rent) and lease payments (Additional Payments) per the terms of the lease, and all applicable taxes as required by law.

Jenn,

You are a Build Lakewood gal---Build Lakewood folks claim the hospital does not pay taxes. Last Monday several of them chanted "liar, liar, liar" claiming that the hospital paid no taxes or rent.

That was right before one Build Lakewood man pushed a SLH lady out of the way to get his sign on camera.

Do you stand by the Build Lakewood falsehoods.

As a public official concerned about fairness and fair elections will you call for Build Lakewood to retract its false misleading and fraudulent flier?

The hospital is a cash cow for the City. Period.

David Anderson has no legitimate answers

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”