Old House Fair, Thanks for Stopping By Lots Of Fun!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Old House Fair, Thanks for Stopping By Lots Of Fun!

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon May 07, 2012 7:29 am

For those that are looking at house repairs, and really believe in shopping local, the
Old House Fair is a must on the calendar and this year did not disappoint. One of the things
I have always loved about this house show is that it is more laid back and comfortable.
You do not feel hurried from booth to booth, which gives you time to get questions answered
get some references and talk to others that have had them work for them.

From AccuFlow Seamless Gutters talking gutters, they did my oversize gutters and did a great job.

To Window Universe, here talking new windows.

Brian and Missy working two booths. Brian is one of Lakewood many fine woodworkers
with his company Rockport Woodworks.

Lakewood Garden Center stayed busy all day.

Busiest of all were the City of Lakewood/LakewoodAlive Booth.

Mayor Mike Summers working the City of Lakewood booth with Bryce Sylvester.

Councilwoman-At-Large Monique Smith checks in with family.

Ward 1 Councilman David Anderson gets a chance to talk with a Ward 1 resident.

Tom Bullock stopped by for some flower deals.

Pizza, sandwiches and beverages by Tommy's Pizza were delicious.

Dave Slife, the many that keeps Lakewood cool and warm.

Thanks again to Mel Page, Charlie Page and her whole gang of friends that put this event
on. Always a pleasure to be a part of. Thanks for all that you do.

More photos online at: http://lakewoodobserver.com/photoblogs/jim-obryan/lakewood-old-house-fair-2012

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Charlie Page

Re: Old House Fair, Thanks for Stopping By Lots Of Fun!

Postby Charlie Page » Wed May 09, 2012 7:45 am

If you missed the Old House Fair, you missed a lot.

I had a good discussion with Tom Hudak and a demo of his Peel Away paint remover that removes something like 30 layers of paint in one shot.

I talked to Vic Gallo of RHI who is putting a badly needed roof on our house in a couple weeks. He was so exited to give away a free roof to some lucky person attending the show. He and his business partner are two of the nicest guys I’ve had the pleasure to meet.

Another great guy is Michael Holstein of Holstein Cabinetry. He was there with his wife Leigh and their two kids. He did some custom cabinets for us after our kitchen remodel. Great guy and great craftsmanship.

Cuyahoga Safe & Lock had a safe with a biometric fingerprint lock. Amazing technology at a reasonable price.

You also missed Dave Slife of Slife Heating and Cooling showing off his FLIR infrared camera. No, I don’t paint with cell phones...this is Jim O’Bryan getting FLIR’d. I always knew Jim was cool...coming in at 94.5 degrees :)
Jim_FLIRd.jpg
Jim_FLIRd.jpg (48.75 KiB) Viewed 941 times

Jim O'Bryan wrote:Thanks again to Mel Page, Charlie Page and her whole gang of friends that put this event on. Always a pleasure to be a part of. Thanks for all that you do.

Jim – thanks for the kind words but the Old House Fair is all Mel. She is the brains behind the operation and deserves all the credit.

I enjoy helping out each year and as the event continues to grow in the number of attendees and exhibitors, I hope the City of Lakewood recognizes the value an event like this adds to the community. It’s not just another feel-good activity where the feel-good part quickly fades. The Old House Fair stimulates economic growth of businesses here in Lakewood while helping people maintain and improve their homes. I believe these are the two top priorities facing the City today. Are they not?

I was going to sue her for defamation of character but then I realized I had no character – Charles Barkley

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”