Lakewood Rejects Ethics, Do You?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Michael Deneen

Re: Lakewood Rejects Ethics, Do You?

Postby Michael Deneen » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Tim Liston wrote:Conflating the hospital situation with Trump is symptomatic of a logical fallacy known as cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance results when one processes information that (1) cannot be refuted (e.g. Democrats shuttered the hospital) and (2) that destroys one’s worldview and hence one’s ego (e.g. Democrats are good and Republicans/Trump are bad). Cognitive dissonance is a mild form of insanity that is endemic to all humans. There are many other logical fallacies that humans fall prey to. For example many of us demonstrate confirmation bias and I’m no exception. It is difficult but possible to overcome logical fallacies. Mark is right. We need to recognize and address it. But honestly, it's wearisome....

Not surprisingly, you and Baker are completely missing the point.

I've been among the most vocal critics of our local "Democrats"....if you don't believe me, just ask Summers, Bullock, O'Leary, and the Establishment Gang.

I bring up Trump to spotlight the hypocrisy of so-called Lakewood "Democrats" who rail against Trump with empty cliches about "resistance"....all while simultaneously "submitting" to Summers and local corporate interests.
Their double standards are remarkable.....they will simultaneously call for voters to "move on" from the hospital issue, including the lies of the 2015 election .....while at the same time attacking Trump for his misdeeds and Russian ties in the 2016 elections.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”