City Council Member Contacts Ohio AG re/ Lakewood Hospital Debacle!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Mark Kindt

Re: City Council Member Contacts Ohio AG re/ Lakewood Hospital Debacle!

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 am

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Mark Kindt wrote:Mr. O'Bryan, I call "b*llsh*t" on your post above.

[/i]

Likewise brother on your post.

You know that behind the scenes, no one has asked for any independent information or oversight on any of this.

I only know of one council person that has asked for documents, and demanded sunshine in all meetings since she has been on.

I only know of two council people actively working behind the scenes, on getting some of this information out and stop some of the issues that arose from it.

Voting no, on something that was going to pass doesn't take anything out of the ordinary.

Demanding honesty, transparency and accountability does.

I only know of two doing that, and only one was recently elected.

As far giving up, I only know one person preaching that.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:33 am

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Mark Kindt wrote:Mr. O'Bryan, I call "b*llsh*t" on your post above.

Likewise brother on your post.

Let us agree to disagree.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:29 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:Let us agree to disagree.

Mark

I would love to, but much going on behind the scenes, I am not willing to pontificate on, as it is in progress.

I know who has stepped up and who hasn't.

I will agree that this could be different for both of us, which could cause different perspectives

But in the end, months from know we can once again compare notes and see, who was closer to the truth.

I believe I have a pretty good record currently.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:03 pm

I say again, any reluctance to pursue justice in these matters is not what I voted for. I especially don't want to hear anything about the affect on a political future.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
mjkuhns

Postby mjkuhns » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:34 am

Jim O'Bryan wrote:

Mark

I would love to, but much going on behind the scenes, I am not willing to pontificate on, as it is in progress.

I will agree that this could be different for both of us, which could cause different perspectives

But in the end, months from know we can once again compare notes and see, who was closer to the truth.

That would seem to be that, within a reasoned conversation.

I feel that I am doing my level best to give people reasons for my assertions—but there is still in the end an element of asking them to trust me, and others reaching similar conclusions.

My record, alone, is certainly not without failures. I have made some judgments that I now consider to be in error. But I have tried to learn from these, and to make a habit of questioning assumptions and sources. I certainly invite people to make note all of that, and consider it in instances when they have completed as much independent review as they can, and may still be faced with a question of trust.

:: matt kuhns ::
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:38 am

mjkuhns wrote:
Jim O'Bryan wrote:

Mark

That would seem to be that, within a reasoned conversation.

I feel that I am doing my level best to give people reasons for my assertions—but there is still in the end an element of asking them to trust me, and others reaching similar conclusions.

My record, alone, is certainly not without failures. I have made some judgments that I now consider to be in error. But I have tried to learn from these, and to make a habit of questioning assumptions and sources. I certainly invite people to make note all of that, and consider it in instances when they have completed as much independent review as they can, and may still be faced with a question of trust.

Matt

I just posted in another thread...

While on the road using my phone it seems some of my posts ended up in the wrong threads.

I will be moving them to another thread dealing with the action of council.

My second to last post here has nothing to do with contacting the AG's office, but other things happening in the city with council and council people willing to go way out of their comfort zones to get answers, documents and more.

Sorry for the misspost. I will let you know where they are moved to.

I believe as do you, that Council people willing to fight for residents even when it does not benefit them, are a good thing.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”