Kucinich gets a gold star

Open and general public discussions about things outside of Lakewood.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Bret Callentine

Kucinich gets a gold star

Postby Bret Callentine » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:08 am

Don't look now, but Dennis just earned another gold star in my presidential candidate notebook.

http://blog.cleveland.com/openers/2007/ ... ppers.html

Unfortunately, he's still not pulling me in with his policies.

David Anderson

Postby David Anderson » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:48 am

Correct me if I'm wrong - and I know you will - but, I believe Kucinich opted out of multiple public debates with his primary and general election opponents over the last couple of election cycles.

Now, he says in the attached article that skipping debates is "an insult to the voters, and the height of cynicism for candidates to refuse to take the public stage and subject themselves to public scrutiny."

Danielle Masters

Postby Danielle Masters » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:01 am

Correct me if I'm wrong - and I know you will - but, I believe Kucinich opted out of multiple public debates with his primary and general election opponents over the last couple of election cycles.

Yep, you are correct. I do remember a few years back he wouldn't debate Ed Herman. Oh the hypocrisy of politicians.

Bret Callentine

Postby Bret Callentine » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:59 am

yup, I just did a little googling, and you're right...

Gold Star officially revoked!

Dennis J Kampe

BO HO BO HO

Postby Dennis J Kampe » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:32 pm

e-mailed to most Nevada papers earlier this week as well as other states he is visiting :

Kindly give my "representative" dennis j kucinich a Handkerchief so he can try to blow his nose and wipe his eyes re cancellation of forthcoming democratic presidential debates . Apparently "the chickens have come home to roost" for him . Ah sweet Justice .

FINALLY A small measure of payback since Mr "Open Forum - Educated Voters" has run from the past 3 LOCAL Cleveland City Club debates in 2004 and 2006 . Same crap re open debate is still on his website but different rules apparently apply when denny is inside and shutting the door on others including the voters of Ohio-10 versus when he is outside and "CRYING - Let me In"

BO HO BO HO but what a hypocrite this clown is .

Note earlier this week Kucinich said, "it's an INSULT to the voters, and the height of cynicism, for candidates to refuse to take the public stage and subject themselves to public scrutiny." I guess his memory must be going for a 60 year old as he has run and hide from last 3 Cleveland City Club Debates ..

"If you want to be the President of the United States, you can't be afraid to deal with people with whom you disagree politically," Kucinich said. ( APPARENTLY DIFFERENT RULES APPLY FOR CONGRESSIONAL REPRESENTATIVES in dennyland )

Kucinich said, "the PUBLIC DESERVES HONEST OPEN AND FAIR DEBATE , and the media have a responsibility to demand that candidates come forward now, before the next war vote in Congress, to explain themselves."

I WONDER IF MR OPEN DEBATE WILL SHOW UP IN APRIL 2008 AT THE NEXT CLEVELAND CITY CLUB TO DEFEND HIS NON ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS A 6 TERM REPRESENTATIVE . Vegas Odds are about 10:1 against

Also if you have his attention - tell him to get his butt back to the home district as the last 3 workers in the POOREST MAJOR CITY IN USA ( last 2 of 3 years ) are about to be laid off or move out of the district . PATHETIC but just another part of the ever building denny legacy .

Dennis J Kampe

Return to “Global Discussion”