Gingrich Had Affair During Clinton Probe

Open and general public discussions about things outside of Lakewood.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Justine Cooper

Gingrich had affair during Clinton probe

Postby Justine Cooper » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:14 am

Nice. Surprising, no. Great family values. Would the tax payers have been so willing to spend a hundred million dollars on taking Clinton to court had they known that I wonder. Two divorces, many affairs, but he is a "leader" in this country on family values. hm

Bret Callentine

Postby Bret Callentine » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:42 pm

Let's just hope "scooter" Libby gets the same harsh punishment that Clinton did for perjury.

Justine Cooper

Postby Justine Cooper » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:54 pm

Come on, he won't even get a slap on the wrist. America is so used to scandal by now they won't even blink. I don't really think there is someone as vengeful and ruthless as him, to go after him the way he went after Clinton to be honest. The irony is too much, even better than the preacher hating on gays and having a gay lover. Too much. Worse than fiction.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:57 am

Bret Callentine wrote:Let's just hope "scooter" Libby gets the same harsh punishment that Clinton did for perjury.

Bret

Sure why not, they both lied about nearly the same thing, on the same scale.

Clinton - 1 charge lying about sex with an intern

Libby found guilty of 4 of 5 charges protecting his boss on issues of national security that lead us to a war that has killed possibly 250,000 people, and more Americans than died on 9/11.

I would certainly hope the end result was the same.

I am always amazed.

These guys ran on bringing honor back to the Whitehouse!

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Bret Callentine

Postby Bret Callentine » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:42 am

Libby found guilty of 4 of 5 charges protecting his boss on issues of national security that lead us to a war that has killed possibly 250,000 people, and more Americans than died on 9/11.

actually, he was found guilty of lying to cover up something that wasn't even a crime. He lied about who disclosed information that turned out, wasn't even classified.

Now granted, your version sounds much more evil. If only he had done something REALLY scary, like stuff confidential documents into his pants. Now THAT would have been really cool!

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:47 am

Bret Callentine wrote:
Now granted, your version sounds much more evil. If only he had done something REALLY scary, like stuff confidential documents into his pants. Now THAT would have been really cool!

Bret

Let's be honest, the pants stuffing should have been a crime as well. I am not holding any of these people to two different standards.

Slick Willy lied, and paid the price.

Scooter lied and paid will pay the price.

Outcomes of the actions were 180 degrees apart, but I see no problem holding public officials accountable.

Destroying documents that the American public used to own until this administration should be treated just like any other crime.

This is what I do not understand about my esteem colleges from the right, the double standard.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Bret Callentine

Postby Bret Callentine » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:01 am

no double standard is going on. Just a lack of ethics all the way around.

Clinton should have resigned, and Berger and Libby should be sharing a cell in Danbury for the next 20 years.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:00 pm

Bret Callentine wrote:no double standard is going on. Just a lack of ethics all the way around.

Clinton should have resigned, and Berger and Libby should be sharing a cell in Danbury for the next 20 years.

See we agree on some things.

Of course we know that Scooter was covering for his boss.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Mark Crnolatas

Postby Mark Crnolatas » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:28 pm

Has any Washington D.C administration in recorded history, not had someone who had an affair? Who is to really know? Honesty regarding anything, comes rare in Washington politics from either party, it seems to me.

Mark Allan Crnolatas

Justine Cooper

Postby Justine Cooper » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:06 pm

I am sure almost none did not have affairs. That is why is so bizarre that such a big deal (and a hundred million dollars) was spent on that, when real issues that affect every single American go unchecked. Bizarre.

Brian Pedaci

Postby Brian Pedaci » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:27 pm

Why is it that conservatives only care about the rule of law when its Democrats breaking that law? Everyone lives under the law equally, and everyone (save sitting presidents) is subject to that law equally. And why must the defense always, always be "but Clinton did it..." I thought conservatives thought themselves morally superior. Please inform your elected officials (and their appointees) that they should start acting like it.

Be adults and take responsibility for your own damn actions, just once please.

Mark Crnolatas

Postby Mark Crnolatas » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:07 pm

I'm not targeting Clinton only. Pick any 500 people from any walk of life, polygraph them and you'll be hard pressed to find 10 that have a 100% clean and honest backround, if you take in sex, theft, theft of "time" and more. The FBI stats I read in the early 80s stated that 1 out of 3 people steal, in the U.S. This might not be physical items like a candy bar, but in any form, from stealing "time", taking the extra few minutes a day at the water cooler during breaks, juicing up expense accounts, pocketing the extra change they received in a check out counter, and the like.

To make any accusations of any one person having affairs, regarding a political party, which is simply a general group of people all claiming to be members of a certain "club" is of no particular use, really, taking in the scheme of things.

My question is what does each person stand for, regarding the problems this country faces, and more so, what is that person going to do about them?

My take on anyone who lives in the Whitehouse, irregardless of political parties, has to do what is put upon them by U.S and World circumstances.
How well they choose their advisers is the name of the game. Who those advisers are, are of utmost importance.

Who is sleeping with who, really has little bearing on much, unless the "who" they slept with has some connections with people that are dangerous to our national security, and even then, who decides that?

Bottom line to me is, there are politicians on different levels. Local level is entirely different than national level.
Once national, a politician becomes much like a rock-band that has a hit record. They have their Washington groupies, and they have perks that the rest of us do not.

Our duty is to sift through all the media garbage and try our best to pick the right person for the job. In my opinion, the party has nothing to do with the personality and his/her thought process, as indicated by their record in whatever position they have been or are now in.

Mark Allan Crnolatas
" Independent because generalities make little sense in any walk of life."

DougHuntingdon

Postby DougHuntingdon » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:11 pm

--------
Who is sleeping with who, really has little bearing on much, unless the "who" they slept with has some connections with people that are dangerous to our national security, and even then, who decides that?
--------

Monica may not have threatened national security, but perhaps the East German woman with JFK did.

Doug

Justine Cooper

Newt Gingrich had affair

Postby Justine Cooper » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:58 am

Brian,

I am not a historian or a political science major, but my humble opinion on your question is that the Democrat leaders are too busy trying to help real people in this country, to spend as much time digging up dirt as the Republicans have. You only have to look at history to see that. The Republican party could not find any fault with Clinton's running of the country (which put us in the biggest surplus ever) so they dug and dug about his affairs (while admittedly having their own) and made that a reason for impeachment while putting America as an embarrassment to all the countries watching (and while many of their leaders had affairs too I am sure).

The same reason that Strickland is turning away from blaming the Republicans for their 16 years of running this state into the ground (while golfing and taking kick-backs-far worse than cheating) and being the higher person by focusing on how to fix their mess!!!

Return to “Global Discussion”