Do Librarian's Support Castro's Gulag?

Open and general public discussions about things outside of Lakewood.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Kenneth Warren

Postby Kenneth Warren » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:39 pm

Bill:

I don't know if your inquiry concerns me as a librarian with the "they." So all I can say is that I stand with the “so-called librarians,â€Â

Bill Call

Library

Postby Bill Call » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:53 am

[quote="Kenneth Warren"]Bill:

I don't know if your inquiry concerns me as a librarian with the "they." So all I can say is that I stand with the “so-called librarians,â€Â

Brian Pedaci

Postby Brian Pedaci » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:28 am

I do know that librarians as a group do NOT support apostrophe abuse. I have no idea about gulags, though.

ryan costa

bad books

Postby ryan costa » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:25 am

Librarians are obviously well able to point out comparable or worse transgressions going on in other countries.

Oddly enough Cuba is probably the most prosperous Latin American country out there, other than maybe Costa Rica. You're less likely to die of starvation, contagious disease, toxic waste in Cuba than in nearly any Latin American country. You are less likely to be unemployed, in a gang or paramilitary group, the victim of a gang or paramilitary group, government violence etc.,etc., than in nearly any Latin American country. Especially the ones the U.S. has made such great interventions in.

I'm not worried about it though. It is kind of odd that there is widespread institutionalized coercive abortion, forced sterilization, and even infanticide in China---and the Moral Majority rarely make even token protests of this. I will continue eating my freedom fries with plastic forks made in China, until I can save up for a new 48 inch HD tv. This are real freedom fries. I deliberately slice the potatoes and fry them myself, so I don't have to call them french fries.

Return to “Global Discussion”