A bridge from Cleveland to Canada

Open and general public discussions about things outside of Lakewood.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

jackie f taylor

A bridge from Cleveland to Canada

Postby jackie f taylor » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:42 pm

From C to Shining C: Lake Erie, the shallowest of all the great lakes, imagine a four (4) lane bridge built all the way to Canada. Like the bridge leading from Miami to Key West, no more driving to Buffalo or Detroit to cross, right here in Cleveland. Can you imagine the economic impact to our city, the region? I don't know how long it takes to drive to Buffalo, from Cleveland, cross the bridge and enter Canada, but I bet it would take less time, driving from Cleveland than driving to Buffalo.

Put renovation on the Q on hold, make a deal with Canada, they pay for half, and the US Federal government pay the other half, the economic impact would pay for the Q and everything else we want/need for centuries to come. How far is it from Cleveland to Canada, across the lake? With a rest area or two along the way, one in Canada the other in the United States. This is a project I would support. I'm just saying. your thoughts?

Stan Austin
Contributor

Re: A bridge from Cleveland to Canada

Postby Stan Austin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Jackie== this was proposed by then Governor Jim Rhodes back in the 1970's. It didn't take hold then- it ain't no better today. Stan

jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:22 pm

Thanks Stan for your input, pot wasn't legal then either, almost is now, you couldn't buy liquor on Sunday, Grocery stores closed on Saturday at 6 pm, and reopened on Monday at 8 am, you couldn't turn right on red, you could not be gay and be protected by our laws, ( I am a poster boy of that fact) a student in high school, you couldn't wear blue jeans, shorts, sandals, have colored hair, tank tops, or face hair, you dressed up when traveling on a plane, you could fly the confederate flag if you choose too. Times have changed, attitudes perceptions, nothing is like it was, and that is a good thing, were all better off now. Why not look at what was not possible then, but now, has a different lite? I think that bridge would make Cleveland even better than anyone had ever hoped it would be, a destination city. What is the down side?

jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Didn't John Kennedy say something like that years ago? ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country. make it great again.

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:17 pm

There isn't much interesting directly across the lake.
How many people are itching to get to Chatham-Kent ASAP?

The more interesting places (Toronto, Niagara Falls, Windsor, etc.) would still be reached almost or more quickly by their current routes.

jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:51 pm

Where ever our final destination would be , that city, would benefit as well, BTB build the bridge

jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:51 pm

The United States of America, has so much more mending to do. it will take my life time and more, to fix it. I can't believe, I can burn the American flag, and step on it, but I cannot fly the Confederate fag, I mean flag, WHAT/ what freedom? WHAT, I'm OLD, I DODNT UNDERSTAND ALL THAT IS GOING ON, PLEASE TEaCH ME, TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON. what freedom? it took 250 years f0r blacks to vote , and 300 hundred years for me to be gay, without ridicule? what, what , what , what the f--k is going on?

jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:59 pm

I know, there are much more important topics to discuss than a silly bridge. just thought I'd break it up a bit, I'm not political, just let me and my brothers and sisters alone, we obey the rules. I bought yogurt from Giant eagle, I was charged for 9, I bought 10, I went to G E and paid fore the 10th one,

and I check out the "lottery ticket" waste baskets, by the kiosk, the loosing tickets are the winners, enter them on line and you could get gift cards, from dinner to eat out, to a flat screen TV.

ryan costa

Postby ryan costa » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm

Detroit is nearby. Folks don't like to go through Detroit.

Here is the last time someone walked across the lake to Canada. It is not political.
https://clevelandmagazine.com/in-the-cl ... -149-alone

"shall we have peace" - Henry Charles Carey

Return to “Global Discussion”