Imigration

Open and general public discussions about things outside of Lakewood.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

jackie f taylor

Imigration

Postby jackie f taylor » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:10 pm

who in the hell is running the immigration department Jesus has been a stellar citizen, paying taxes, an asset to the community... deported, ripped from his family, who is in charge here, Trump ? Why is there so much wrong with our justice department ? This is what is wrong with our society, can't make a correct decision ?

mjkuhns

Re: Imigration

Postby mjkuhns » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:39 am

I could not agree more. Honestly, I have come around on this over the past few years. It's entirely valid to have border security, as we do. But even so some people will be in this country without permission—usually after they have arrived with temporary permission and simply stayed.

I realize that "they're illegal" will always set some people off, but I've decided that this is a misleading term. People transgress all the time, but speeding doesn't make you "an illegal driver." Not having every form in order for your business doesn't make you "an illegal merchant."

If someone commits a serious crime, and they have no permission to be in this country, then by all means deport them as an alternative to trying and confining them here at our expense. But if someone is a valuable member of their community, paying taxes, etc., it does not make sense to actively go after them.

As for who bears blame, definitely the Trump administration is directly responsible for the increase in deportation, compared with the previous administration. But others bear blame, too. Sanctuary policies are about opposing precisely this kind of thing. States, counties, and cities can all potentially pass substantive sanctuary policies. Everyone in these other levels of government who chooses not to do so, they also share the blame.

:: matt kuhns ::
jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:19 pm

very well posted Mark, and as a landlord, like the government, they are land lords, if there is a problem, then we try to work it out, as it should be, amicably, work it out, to the best outcome for all. Not go by the book, and one shoe fits all. Why is there so much wrong with our society? Why can't we fix the problems? WHY?

jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:26 pm

I REALLY don't like beating a dead horse, but to have let the Hilliard Theater go, is the most stupid thing city hall ever did. That landmark, could have been taken over by the Beck Center.....A thriving asset to the community, PRICELESS, offices up stairs, apartments, what were they thinking? you FRIGGIN IDIOTS.

jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:29 pm

And not able to save one vintage door,, no roof top ladders, some original store front glass, porcelain sinks, so much has been lost, idiots.

jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:32 pm

McKinley Place, looks like the Jetsons moved into the Flintstone's neighborhood, out of place, not right for the city, the neighborhood, what were they thinking?

jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:27 pm

I was born too early. the day is before me, where all law abiding citizens have the same rights as everyone else. You can be any gender, any race any religion, any whatever, so long as yo do not displace anyone else of their rights. then were good to go.

Return to “Global Discussion”