Mother of all bombs

Open and general public discussions about things outside of Lakewood.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Peter Grossetti

Mother of all bombs

Postby Peter Grossetti » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:27 pm

No bomb, no munition, no military tactic in the history of mankind has ever changed the heart or mind of people with extreme twisted moral values or beliefs ... no matter the systemic religious or political root of a particular dogma. Beliefs (whether empirical or anecdotal) and the individuals and/or groups who hold those beliefs are only harden by attacks, violence and perceived threats. If you think the United States' dropping of its GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast conventional bomb today in Afghanistan in any way, shape or form deterred or prevented any future terrorist actions either on U.S. soil or abroad, I have some beachfront property in Kansas I'd like to sell you.

"So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?"

~ Fred (Mr. Rogers) Rogers
mjkuhns

Re: Mother of all bombs

Postby mjkuhns » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:44 am

As Afghanistan's envoy to Pakistan wrote, earlier today, "If big bombs were the solution we would be the most secure place on earth today."

But apparently there are people who think that dropping a bomb on "the problem" automatically constitutes a positive action, and that a bigger bomb is a bigger positive action. Probably the same people who think that it's in some way cute, clever or entertaining to get alleged adults using a jingoistic nickname for an instrument of terror and death.

Meanwhile, developing this strategically worthless murder weapon cost us more than $300 million in taxes. Add another $16 million for each unit.

Think you could find better uses for it? Join us at Willard Park this Saturday and write some of them down.

:: matt kuhns ::
ryan costa

Postby ryan costa » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:31 pm

I was under the impression we had already done this several times, but those were the old Daisy Cutter bombs.

"shall we have peace" - Henry Charles Carey
Ryan Salo

Postby Ryan Salo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Peter & Matt,

How would you stop ISIS?

Ryan Salo
Peter Grossetti

Postby Peter Grossetti » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:12 pm

Ryan Salo wrote:Peter & Matt,

How would you stop ISIS?

Hi, Ryan

I don't belive ISIS can be stopped.

When a Mafia family Don is taken out, there's always someone waiting in the wings to take over. When the need for such "organizations" ISIS, (Mafia, Ku Klux Klan, etc.) no longer exist, then-and only then-will they cease to exist.

And since this is not a thread about ISIS, I took the liberty of starting a new discussion thread in the Global Dynamics section where you can talk about how to stop ISIS.

"So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?"

~ Fred (Mr. Rogers) Rogers

Return to “Global Discussion”