"Internet Noisemaker"....

Open and general public discussions about things outside of Lakewood.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Tim Liston

"Internet Noisemaker"....

Postby Tim Liston » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:41 am

You probably know, yesterday Congress passed, and Trump is expected to sign, a bill rescinding some Internet privacy protections. Well I just happened upon this....

https://slifty.github.io/internet_noise/index.html

You start it up by pressing the "Make Some Noise" button and it initiates a continuous stream of random Google searches, and opens them in tabs, until you stop it. I found it in this Wired article....

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/wanna-pro ... ake-noise/

(Wired by the way doesn't like ad blockers).

My Internet noisemaker is going now. It sort of runs in background, and not like a video or something that chews up bandwidth. You can work around it. The author is trying to improve it. I’ll probably open it with my opening tabs every time I open Firefox. Eff Cox Cable. Eff all the ISPs. It keeps only five tabs open at a time I think so it makes quite a bit of noise without hindering my Internet use a bunch.

(Only problem is it did pull up an article I found interesting, about how the NCAA is bowing to pressure to allow athletes to sign letters of intent earlier than they are now. My oldest daughter was a scholarship athlete so I have quite a bit of background in that stuff. And my youngest played D3 but was recruited D1. So I read it….)

Enjoy your Internet noisemaker. Use it. Mine just pulled up a site on “composition wedges” and has moved on to “sculpting lemon” and “eyebrow diet.”

Good stuff!

mjkuhns

Re: "Internet Noisemaker"....

Postby mjkuhns » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:01 pm

Nice find. I have already shared this with a friend who also heartily approves. 8)

:: matt kuhns ::

Return to “Global Discussion”