Getting Old

Open and general public discussions about things outside of Lakewood.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

jackie f taylor

Getting Old

Postby jackie f taylor » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:16 pm

Thank goodness, getting old is wonderful, once an athlete, a runner, strong as a bull, firm, desirable, and now, creeping and crawling, walking with a cane, I am an old man. it get it now. but it's better than the alternative, which is dying early. I want to live to be 100. I want to see the presidents, the country, the world, I want to eat, I don't want to miss any of it, I have certain bowls, pots & pans that I love, I don't want to see my stuff for sale, in an estate sale. Now that I am old, I can see what is to come.

Young people help by opening the door for me, they help me cross the street, without robbing me, the kids carrying things upstairs for me, I used to do that, not any more, once I paid a beer guy, he delivers kegs, $20.00 to help me carry a rug upstairs. we were both happy. took 5 minutes. his day will come, if he is lucky...

jackie f taylor

Re: Being gay and old, really sucks

Postby jackie f taylor » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:57 pm

lol, I never thought about dying, till I was 62, 63, now I think, gee, I'm an old man, I better eat what I want and where I want, if I want or need something, I better buy it now, the clerk ask me if I'd like an extended warranty, ? I said no, I may not have time to use a warranty, it may last longer than I will. time came so fast. the worse thing about getting old, is being alone.. no spouse, no kids, I never thought about this till it happened to me. My partner died, had I had a fore thought, I would have adopted, or maybe our sisters would have been our child bearers, love them,

I used to be the youngest guy in the room, now I'm the oldest... I guess that's a good thing? I'm still here, that's something. My favorite person is the mail man and the news paper delivery person, how sad is that. Oh I love a wedding or a party, but it's no longer about me. It's about them, and that's ok, WONDERFUL, i WANT TO SEE THEM GROW OLD, GRACEFULLY, I want to see there young tight clean faces turn into a wrinkled old prune like me, the Twilight Zone, I'm just an old upholstered chair sitting in a room in the corner, hoping someone will choose me to sit on,. I've been to funerals all thru the years, I never thought about MINE, i'M THINKING NOW.

james fitzgibbons

Re: Getting Old

Postby james fitzgibbons » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Jackie you do not come across as being that old how old are you.

jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:21 pm

65 I wonder, how much time have I got left. I have been to many funerals, from 16 to 90, death from everything from car accidents, homicide, suicide, natural causes, drowning, falling, I would prefer a choice, I can see my apartment cleaned out, my possessions tagged and sold, , an estate sale, my clothes thrown out, except for the formal wear, the food & spices in my cupboards, trash, I'm thinking, I should write my obituary, I just paid for my cremation, where did the time go? I get letters about Medicare, social security, late term insurance, where do they get my name? why don't I get letters from people from Taiwan or Singapore, wanting to relocate to the USA?

james fitzgibbons

Postby james fitzgibbons » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:14 am

65 is not that old. Granted when we get older we give up some physical ability but life goes on. Enjoy what you can and do not worry. LIVE TODAY !

Return to “Global Discussion”