56 West - New Menu

Businesses and consumers are encouraged to post and update information about any local business.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

Jim O'Bryan

56 West - New Menu

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:03 am

Matt Monroe the original chef at 56 West is back with some new twists to one of Lakewood's
favorite menus. Each month they will change the flavor slightly to bring food and ideas
from around the country to Lakewood.

Matt is posting them in the food and restaurant section, and we have other restaraunts and
chefs doing the same!

Now you can ask questions, find out the specials and go to the establishment and review them! All right here at the Lakewood Observer website.

http://lakewoodobserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9531

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
sharon kinsella

Re: 56 West - New Menu

Postby sharon kinsella » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:24 am

Can't see the menu except for the green tomato item.

"When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." - Audre Lorde
Lynn Farris

Postby Lynn Farris » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Hopefully he keeps the vege burgers. They are fantastic and one of the reasons we like going there. They have a good selection of vegetarian food and the brunch is good as well.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~ George Carlin
Mark Mraz

Postby Mark Mraz » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:10 pm

I always loved 56 West. I took my mom and gf there Saturday for lunch and I got beef briskett on a pretzel bun with cheese and horsey sauce and it was amazing. But I was,for the first time disappointed in one thing. After I dropped my mother off at home she said to me,"Mark,I dont think there was bacon or cheese on my burger." I sorta thought she was crazy but my g/f got the same thing she did. Oddly enough there was half the burger left she took home and put in my refrigerator. Upon inspection my g/f didnt have the bacon of cheese on her burger either....I dont remember the nme of the burg but I know they were supposed to get Applewood Smoked Bacon and some sort of cheese on it...talk about major error,just dont know how they didnt realize when they got it.....

sharon kinsella

Postby sharon kinsella » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:52 am

Went there and got the chicken and waffles, chicken was great, couldn't eat the waffles.

Waffles had BLACK PEPPER in them. When I asked, the waitress came back and said the cook put pepper in to cut the sweetness. I've never heard of such a thing and there was so much black pepper they burned my mouth.

"When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." - Audre Lorde

Return to “Lakewood Businesses”