Another Lakewood Business Idea

Businesses and consumers are encouraged to post and update information about any local business.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

Jeanine Gergel

Another Lakewood Business Idea

Postby Jeanine Gergel » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:34 pm

I recently attended a meeting where the topic of discussion was: What type of business would you like to see located in Lakewood? All the usual suspects came up - but I thought of one later that would be SUCH a great fit for Lakewood, and I'm hoping some enterprising person will take up the banner on it.

My 8-year old son gets invited to lots of laser tag birthday parties these days. The nearest place is Laser X Treme in Middleburg Heights. From what I can tell, a large empty store front or building could easily be converted to a laser tag arena without a daunting degree of capital investment. For those who haven't experienced laser tag first-hand, it's a fun-for-the-whole family workout and a place pre-teens and teens seem to love to hang out.

It would also be a draw for families and kids from lots of other cities, as my son has friends who live as far away as Avon Lake and North Ridgeville who all caravan to Middleburg Heights for birthday parties and play dates. Lakewood could be getting all this business! It could also generate significant residual business for nearby eating establishments.

Who's game? You will have a for-sure customer with me and my family.

Kate McCarthy

Re: Another Lakewood Business Idea

Postby Kate McCarthy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:58 pm

I totally agree that a business catering to children's parties would do very well in Lakewood.

Roy Pitchford

Re: Another Lakewood Business Idea

Postby Roy Pitchford » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:29 pm

I and a couple friends have been toying around with a similar idea on and off for years.
There are plenty of buildings. I think our only roadblock is financial.

Return to “Lakewood Businesses”