Lakewood business opportunity?

Businesses and consumers are encouraged to post and update information about any local business.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

Bryan Schwegler

Lakewood business opportunity?

Postby Bryan Schwegler » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:18 am

So I was down in Atlanta visiting my sister and brother-in-law this past weekend and we went to this place called Sips n Strokes which is essentially a place where you can take a bottle of wine and some food and over the course of a few hours, your led through painting a picture by an instructor. Was a ton of fun, and even my painting came out well despite the fact I have zero artistic ability.

I was thinking that this would be a perfect type of place in Lakewood. The space would easily fit in one of the existing storefronts, the startup costs would be low...just some acrylic paint, paper, brushes, canvas. Maybe even partner with one of the local art schools or a part-time job for some art teachers to actually teach the classes.

From what my sister says, pretty much every class night is sold out because people love it so much. And as far as I know, there's nothing really like this around this area so it would be pretty unique. And it seems to fit in well with Lakewood's desire to have an arts district theme.

https://www.sipsnstrokes.com/home.aspx

Just food for thought if someone has a huge entrepreneurial streak.

Corey Rossen

Re: Lakewood business opportunity?

Postby Corey Rossen » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:22 am

I used to do this in college, except it was water color paints, the back of old exam papers, a can of beer and learning from the likes of the legendary artist, Bob Ross. No really, we did do this.

Corey

Corey Rossen

"I have neither aligned myself with SLH, nor BL." ~ Jim O'Bryan

"I am not neutral." ~Jim O'Bryan

"I am not here to stir up anything." ~Jim O'Bryan
sharon kinsella

Postby sharon kinsella » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:54 am

Bryan - don't misinterpret me - I want a diversified community which includes all classes and doesn't make people feel unwelcome. Remember the rainbow flag incident?

"When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." - Audre Lorde
Dee Krupp

Postby Dee Krupp » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:57 am

And I bet the more wine you drink, the better your painting looks! :D

Sharon...I don't understand your post one bit. Who wouldn't be welcome? Why is this a "class" issue?

Return to “Lakewood Businesses”