Buy Lakewood Program

Businesses and consumers are encouraged to post and update information about any local business.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

chris richards

Re: Buy Lakewood Program

Postby chris richards » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:What is amazing is that the original "Lakewood Is Art" is back as well, working on their program
of putting public art into public spaces.

FWIW

Ah, well, that is interesting... so there are now two Lakewood is Art organizations in the city?

You are aware that LIA, with Ruth Koenigsmark as President, is still active and working with organizations to promote art and events in the city correct?

You are aware that we never stopped running the organization under the name Lakewood is Art correct?

Bryan Schwegler

Postby Bryan Schwegler » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Ok so no where does it say what the discount is for using this card. Seems like a key piece of information that should be listed on the site.

sharon kinsella

Postby sharon kinsella » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Bryan, doesn't look like they've taken off yet. There are only four businesses that I saw. Guess you'll have to call them individually if you want to know.

"When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." - Audre Lorde
Bryan Schwegler

Postby Bryan Schwegler » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:00 pm

sharon kinsella wrote:Bryan, doesn't look like they've taken off yet. There are only four businesses that I saw. Guess you'll have to call them individually if you want to know.

There's a bunch on there now.

Calling is pretty inefficient, I hope there's a better solution to be implemented soon. If they want people to use this thing, they need to make it easy and transparent.

Missy Limkemann

Postby Missy Limkemann » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:10 pm

This is from the website
This program is one of the only programs in northeast Ohio that provides an opportunity for each Lakewood merchant to choose any type of discount they would like to offer card holding members.

So it would seem that each store/business would chose their own policy on how much they want to offer instead of a straight everyone gets so much. So each business is probably thinking how much they want to offer.

I want to sign up and my offer would be "adopt a good dog...get a neurotic, insane boxer with severe separation anxiety free!!!!! can't promise that when you walk out of the room he wont go potty because he can't find you" (that is the best deal ever!!!!)

Time is precious, waste is wisely
Bryan Schwegler

Postby Bryan Schwegler » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:16 pm

Missy Limkemann wrote:So it would seem that each store/business would chose their own policy on how much they want to offer instead of a straight everyone gets so much. So each business is probably thinking how much they want to offer.

IMHO that should be part of the criteria listed on the website. If that's not there, then this program just becomes too difficult to use, especially if I'm trying to compare between multiple vendors of the same product or service.

Missy Limkemann

Postby Missy Limkemann » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Ahhh, I see what you are saying. Takes a bit longer for the lightbulb to go on. I thought you meant that everyone or every store would offer this %. duh. (sorry)

You are right. That would help. Hopefully that will come soon as more stores sign up. (i am surprised no one took me up on the boxer part though...dang....)

Time is precious, waste is wisely
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:10 am

Missy Limkemann wrote:Ahhh, I see what you are saying. Takes a bit longer for the lightbulb to go on. I thought you meant that everyone or every store would offer this %. duh. (sorry)

You are right. That would help. Hopefully that will come soon as more stores sign up. (i am surprised no one took me up on the boxer part though...dang....)

I got an email yesterday morning from one of the people running the program and it would
seem interest was high. This issue of the Lakewood Observer has an article about the
program and four pages of But Local News.

FWIW

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood Businesses”