Cookie Primary

Cooking secrets, tips, recipes and discussions featuring The Lakewood Observer's head chef, Chef Geoff (Jeff Endress), conversations about food, and restaurants.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Lynn Farris

Cookie Primary

Postby Lynn Farris » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:10 am

Enough of the tough topics - who has the best cookie recipe. Vote for the candidate with the best cookie recipe. :)http://www.yankeemagazine.com/cookieprimary/index.php

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~ George Carlin
dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:11 pm

I'd disqualify the Obama cobbler, which is neither cookies nor cobbler.

I'm leaning towards Gravel's or Romney's recipes because they unique.

While I love oatmeal or chocolate chip cookies (or a combo), they would get very low marks because they are "every day" recipes.

Thee are a couple of standard fare holiday cookies, but they do appear to come from old or family recipes, so I'd grade sharing tradition with higher marks.

I'd have to see McCain's cookies in person because the recipe does not "read" as appetizing to me.

This is a cute contest - thanks for sharing it.

sharon kinsella

Postby sharon kinsella » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:23 pm

dl -

I've been making those cookies since my kids were little, except we put peanut butter in ours. As a matter of fact my daughter figured out how to
these vegan.

They kind of taste those haystack chocolate candies.

They are really good.

"When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." - Audre Lorde
dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:10 pm

sharon kinsella wrote:dl -

They kind of taste those haystack chocolate candies.

Thanks. I was imagining an unappetizing brown blob rather than a delicious haystack cookie.

Lynn Farris

Postby Lynn Farris » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:18 pm

Looks so far like Carol Paul is kicking cookie butt. :)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~ George Carlin

Return to “Lakewood Food / Restaurants”