Where can I find Cleveland's Best Pierogies?

Cooking secrets, tips, recipes and discussions featuring The Lakewood Observer's head chef, Chef Geoff (Jeff Endress), conversations about food, and restaurants.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Eric Crawford

Where can I find Cleveland's Best Pierogies?

Postby Eric Crawford » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:55 am

Hi Everybody,

Since Parma Pierogies is no longer in existence, can anybody recommend where I can find the best pierogies in Cleveland? Is it the Pierogie Palace in the Westside Market...or does somebody have a secret place they can suggest to me?

I'm attending a party in Augusta, GA next Friday and want to bring some authentic Cleveland food with me. Any other suggestions as to what other foods Cleveland is known for? Are we known for anything other than pierogies and Slymans corned beef? By the way, I love the corned beef too, but would like to bring a variety.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." -Albert Einstein
Brian Pedaci

Postby Brian Pedaci » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:12 am

Get some brats from the WSM when you're there (The Sausage Shoppe at 45th and Memphis also has good ones), and some Stadium Mustard to go with the 'rogies.

I'd also suggest some takeout from La Pita or Aladdin's but I doubt it'd survive the journey too well.

David Lay

Postby David Lay » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:42 am

Lola has fantastic Beef Cheek Pierogies!

New Website/Blog: dlayphoto.com
Jeff Endress

Postby Jeff Endress » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:36 am

Eric

Go to Gibbs Bros. on rt. 252, past Columbia Station....They have some of the finest Brats, and some really unique varieties. Like 40 +.... In warmer months they do tastings on Saturdays 12-4. Great field trip.

You may want to consider some Ohio City Pasta, maybe some Great Lakes Christmas Ale, Corbo's holiday cookies. I'd suggest Skyline chili, but that's a Cinci thing, and it really isn't food, per se.

Jeff

To wander this country and this world looking for the best barbecue â€â€
David Lay

Postby David Lay » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:49 am

Locally I'd suggest Baba's Kitchen...only open on Fridays though.

Sterle's has some fantastic ones too - one of the reasons why Jennie & I are having our wedding reception there!

New Website/Blog: dlayphoto.com
Eric Crawford

Postby Eric Crawford » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:31 pm

Thanks guys for all of the great suggestions! I really appreciate it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." -Albert Einstein
Brian Pedaci

Postby Brian Pedaci » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:04 pm

I didn't know about Baba's Kitchen. I'll have to swing down there this Friday to check out their 'rogies and stuffed cabbage.

Lynn Farris

Postby Lynn Farris » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:35 pm

As many of you know we are vegetarians and our son's girlfriend's family had us over for dinner. They had the most amazing pierogies we have ever eaten. (And we all love pierogies)

I had my son check and the place she bought them were :

Stan's Northfield Bakery
9395 Olde 8 Rd.
Northfield Center Ohio 44046
330-467-8655

By the way, the Melt does a pretty decent job as well, if you don't want to go so far.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~ George Carlin
J Hrlec

'rogies

Postby J Hrlec » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 pm

My girlfriend just ordered some pierogies when we were at Sokolowski's University Inn...she liked them and they looked delicious.

Return to “Lakewood Food / Restaurants”